The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Bahamas

Snugglebug

So my mom and dad are thinking about relocationg to the Bahamas. for three reasons...my mom's health (who also sufferes from MD like me), affordablity and the fact that there are no taxes.

It is really hard to get the kind of information you need to relocate when its a major tourist destination because all the information is about long term stays/travel visa's...and basic tourist information.

Basically they know the cost of living, the cost of food, insurance, utilities, import fees on vehicles etc etc...they know where they want to live (nassau) and they know that they are only eligible to apply for permanent residence if they have something to offer the country. hell, they even found out the fees to ship their pets out safely, the costs for all the shots and the fact that they need special permits...

but information like mortgage rates, how a canadian would apply for one, what the neccessaries would be to be eligible to apply for one...

how to start your own business ( a pre-requisate to enter the country unless you are sponsored by a company to come work) etc etc

Basically we found out for them that to cut the red tape my dad would either need to start his own construction business or they would need to purchase a house of $250,000 and provide proof of income. but not living IN the bahamas makes it hard to find this information out.

have any of you ever lived there or are really good at figuring things out that could provide information on how an "immigrant" could start a business to be eligible for permanent residence...or how one would get the mortgage approval or what the rates would be to own a house?

Archived