The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The HEAVY METAL Thread

canucklehead666

What Genre of Metal do you listen to?  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Call me a liar, you knew

You were a fool but that's cool, it's all right

Call me the Devil, it's true

Some can't accept but I crept inside you

Best. Verse. Ever.

If there isn't light when no one sees

Then how can I know what you might believe?...

... Eight miles high, about to fall

And no one there to catch you...

Guest Gumballthechewy

If there isn't light when no one sees

Then how can I know what you might believe?...

... Eight miles high, about to fall

And no one there to catch you...

And it's the sign!!

Dun dun! Dun dun dun duuun!!!!

Feels like the time!!!!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Can't wait to hear the new album, called "13", when it's released in June! Can Sabbath make the old new, yet again?

Yeah, I usually don't get excited when I hear about old bands making new albums but I'm kinda excited for this. Kinda bummed Bill wasn't a part of it...

Heaven and Hell was a decent album.

Yeah, I usually don't get excited when I hear about old bands making new albums but I'm kinda excited for this. Kinda bummed Bill wasn't a part of it...

Heaven and Hell is sweet, dude. It's a little too polished for me. I'm hoping that "13" is a little more raw and Master Of Reality-like. I'm sure there will be some big, angry riffs, though.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Heaven and Hell is sweet, dude. It's a little too polished for me. I'm hoping that "13" is a little more raw and Master Of Reality-like. I'm sure there will be some big, angry riffs, though.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I don't know if you've ever heard of The Sword or not but I love their first two albums the most due to how raw and gritty it sounds compared to their latest two.

that brings up a good question... best newer album from older band? To qualify the band has to have seen it's "peak" in the mid-90s or earlier and the newer album has to have been released in the past 10 years.

Megadeth "United Abomination"

Rush "Clockwork Angels" (yes it's a "homer" pick since this is my favorite band.. but I really do LOVE this album right now.)

Suggestions:

Cradle of Filth - Cruelty and the Beast and the Principles of Evil Made Flesh

Satyricon - Rebel Extravaganza

Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk

Deicide - Serpents of the Light

Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

Vader - Necropolis

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger

Immortal - Blizzard Beasts

just to start.

Suggestions:

Cradle of Filth - Cruelty and the Beast and the Principles of Evil Made Flesh

Satyricon - Rebel Extravaganza

Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk

Deicide - Serpents of the Light

Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

Vader - Necropolis

Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger

Immortal - Blizzard Beasts

just to start.

Cradle and dimmu are two of my favs. been to both of their shows. got kicked ouuta dimmu too at the commodore

. Hahah!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Rush "Clockwork Angels" (yes it's a "homer" pick since this is my favorite band.. but I really do LOVE this album right now.)

That's a great album, one of their heaviest too.

Yes. can't believe someone posted King Diamond!

I can't believe I keep forgetting about King Diamond! I even own two of their albums, Them and Abigail. :P

Andy LaRocque is one of my favourite guitarists.

That's a great album, one of their heaviest too.

I can't believe I keep forgetting about King Diamond! I even own two of their albums, Them and Abigail. :P

Andy LaRocque is one of my favourite guitarists.

I like some of the early Rush (up till about Moving Pictures... then I have to be in the right mood for the "middle stuff".... then at Counterparts I really started liking them all over again (especially their last few albums.)

Guest Gumballthechewy

I like some of the early Rush (up till about Moving Pictures... then I have to be in the right mood for the "middle stuff".... then at Counterparts I really started liking them all over again (especially their last few albums.)

Yeah, right after Moving Pictures I stopped buying albums, I've never been a fan of that 80's "keyboard" sound.

Counterparts was a welcome return. Angles is my favourite of their new stuff.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I've been listing to a lot of the Priest lately and I was wondering what people's favourite Judas Preist song and/or album is?

Personally Beyond the Realms of Death is my number one Priest song.

Favorite album is a tough one, it's a threeway toss up between Rocka Rolla, Stained Class & Killing Machine for me.

I've been listing to a lot of the Priest lately and I was wondering what people's favourite Judas Preist song and/or album is?

Personally Beyond the Realms of Death is my number one Priest song.

Favorite album is a tough one, it's a threeway toss up between Rocka Rolla, Stained Class & Killing Machine for me.

song... "Revolution," it's a great mix of deep guitars, Rob's voice and just overall sound.

I think album, it's hard to argue against British Steel since it's a metal classic album

that brings up a good question... best newer album from older band? To qualify the band has to have seen it's "peak" in the mid-90s or earlier and the newer album has to have been released in the past 10 years.

Megadeth "United Abomination"

Clockwork Angels is the bomb! I love 80's Rush, too. I was 14 when "Moving Pictures" came out. Good times!

I have to go with Van Halen's "A Different Kind Of Truth", though. Solid from start to finish. Some of Eddie's best playing ever. I don't care what anyone says... "Tattoo" is a cool song.

Archived