The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 12 CDC SIM League

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Signings

medium.png Pending RFA F Ryan O'Reilly has re-signed a 1-year, 2.25M contract extension with the Colorado Avalanche.

medium.png Pending RFA F Mikael Backlund has re-signed a 2-year, 3.8M contract extension with the Calgary Flames (1.9M per season).

medium.png Pending RFA F Darren Helm has re-signed a 2-year, 3.7M contract extension with the Calgary Flames (1.85M per season).

medium.png Pending RFA F Justin Abdelkader has re-signed a 2-year, 2.5M contract extension with the Calgary Flames (1.25M per season).

medium.png Pending UFA D Tim Gleason has re-signed a 3-year, 12.0M contract extension with the Calgary Flames (4.00M per season).

GMs of the respective players, please modify your spreadsheet accordingly.

Signings

medium.png Pending RFA F Eric Tangradi has re-signed a 2-year, 2.5M contract extension with the St. Louis Blues (1.25M per season.)

medium.png Pending RFA D Jeff Petry has re-signed a 2-year, 2.7M contract extension with the St. Louis Blues (1.35M per season)

medium.png Pending UFA D Carlo Colaiacovo has re-signed a 4-year, 16.0M contract extension with the St. Louis Blues (4.0M per season).

Ari; You've been cryin' alot since the Heatley trade my friend - Perhaps I should have said alot more about the Fleury trade?; I hope I get you first in the playoffs so I can eliminate you so I don't have to listen to you whine as much. :P

With regards to your silly little asterisks;

I'd say put an asterisk beside your teams name too if you win anything but to be honest; I'm not spiteful enough to do that to somebody I consider a "friend" I'm sorry if this trade made you THAT mad & upset; though I honestly thought you were better than that to be so; again, spiteful over a silly little Sim League; you obviously care quite a bit to be posting about it nearly a week later - I remember you saying you didn't care about this league at all, so on that note I'm glad to see that your mind has been changed. :)

As I've said many many times before; I would have happily reversed the deal back from Webersbeard if HE had ANY issues with the deal; I still think it was a fair deal. Webersbeard traded away a superstar now; for a superstar later; and with the rest of his roster its a move that was sensible; personally I still think you and a few of the other people that responded initially were taking into consideration Paajarvi's recent AHL demotion. Paajarvi WAS a 1st Rder(10th Overall) and is only 20 years old with an 82 Overall. Though; I'll give you credit; you've got a lot of nerve complaining about my trades considering how badly and openly you've screwed people over. It's not like I was running around the forums shouting "zomg zomg I got Heatley in a sim league hahaha" I still think you're one of the coolest people I've met on the CDC forums, there are some times when we just won't agree - it's happened in trades in the past between us, and I'm sure this won't be the last time we have a disagreement, I hope you can move on and we can get back to being buddies.If not; I pity you for taking this thing we call the internet so seriously. Regardless; This is the last I will write to you about this on the forums as I consider it very old buisness; if you have anything you want to add; PM Me.

"Let it Be" My friend.

As for the rest of you that have an issue with the last deal I made; if you feel that strongly about a trade;Please; Speak up and request a veto or something, you're a part of this league too and your opinion matters.

To stop any of this BS in the future; I suggest implementing a system similar to ESPN/Yahoo; in which the GM's putting a trade(In this case, Myself and Webersbeard) through get to convince the rest of the league how a trade is going to benefit both teams(If Ari/VC have a problem with the deal)

Of course this is provided that our GMs can look at each trade fairly, analytically and intelligently...

--

(Bullets = Goals)

Watching The team I've put together has been a blast;glad to see Dany has found his groove on my second line and that my scoring has picked up from my core group way I wanted it too. My cap situation next year is going to be interesting to say the least.. expect me to be busy as usual - Though I don't really want to be anymore as I've got a group I like playing here in Boston.

To Chimon; Daniel Alfredsson was re-signed near the beginning of the season for 1 Year @ 3.1 Million. Though personally I'm not sure if this signing should really be put through; as I have a hard time believing a player of Alfie's age would know exactly what he wants to do next season; all things considered. *shrug*

Cam Fowler also has this season and the next left on his contract.

Wilson, Prust & Johnson are my only FA's

Happy to see production from former player Magnus Paajarvi In NJ; hes been on a pretty good tear in NJ compared to what he had don in Boston. For the last few days it had looked to me like you had won that trade outright; Heatley just hadn't  been putting up the points until yesterday! Also happy to see Kris Letang fitting in well in Tampa Bay with a salvagable 30 pts in 68 games.

--

Something I haven't mentioned at all this season; the Ilya Kovalchuk deal was the main trade that set me off on my second trading spree; prior to that trade I was very happy with my team and then I went into that 7-8 game losing streak and had to make a move quick to try and fix it; hence Kovalchuk & To a lesser extent; Cam Fowler

Most of this season has just been me trading to try and fix a couple of trades I NEVER should have made in the first place and put this team back on course, loading it up with some of my favourite players along the way.

To Boston Bruins: Jeff Carter[87], Peter Regin[80]

To Winnipeg Jets:Alex Steen[83], Justin Williams[84], Greg Campbell[81], BOS 4th in 15-16

To Chimon; Daniel Alfredsson was re-signed near the beginning of the season for 1 Year @ 3.1 Million. Though personally I'm not sure if this signing should really be put through; as I have a hard time believing a player of Alfie's age would know exactly what he wants to do next season; all things considered. *shrug*

Cam Fowler also has this season and the next left on his contract.

Wilson, Prust & Johnson are my only FA's

Archived