The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

World Of Warcraft

Dale Gribble

I played a lot the first few years but came to a realization that MMOs jsut arent fun. Spending an insane amount of time grinding XP or skill or whatever just to go on the same 4 hour raids over and over again.I got to the point where I jsut played the expansions to the next level max and then left until the next expansion.

Of course my guild of friends from Asherons Call fell apart and the only real friends I had in game ended up quiting so there was that too. We were Druid Force, well known for end game content will all druid raids. And then it was over.

I don't even bother with pve and raids. With the new LFR system i use that but for the most part i just do bg's. Next season/x-pac I want to try to get a good arena team going, we'll see. I like to raid once a week but usually there is no spot for my warrior.

Think this is my 4th year playing the game. My friends stopped playing saying they were addicted, of coarse now they spend the same amount of time playing halo or watching tv. I don't buy into the 'game takes too much time to play', maybe it depends on what you do but for me i log in, pug some bg's and log out. The key is sticking with one toon, not jumping around a bunch of alts like i did in LK. And i don't do pve, never raided other then the new cross server raids which only takes about 45min to do.

I've never played WoW for more then a couple hours a day for a few weeks at a time.. I get bored and then stop playing.. then come back 2-3 months and play again for a few weeks. I probably wont come back again with SWTOR out now.. not as much content as it is a new game.. but it feels so much more enjoyable.

I don't find a drain in this game unless I'm questing. Otherwise anyone looking forward to Mists of Pandaria? Seems people are angry of a "childish" theme comparing it to kung fu panda. (lol) I'll still play as my human but maybe make a pandaren just to see what it's like. I was going towards GW2 but I'm sticking with wow.

I have played wow on and off since the beginning. Have done raiding (in all its incarnations) more to the casual side than the hardcore side. And I keep coming back every expansion. Even though I have played other MMOs nothing seems to hold my attention like wow can. I have even read the books to get more lore. Quests have defiantly gotten a lot better since the early vanilla days less repetitive quests and more story aspects. Something that the Old republic MMO is entirely based on.

I am not playing right now but I know once mists of pandaria comes out I’ll have to reactivate. Thought the free level 80 you get with reactivating your account sounds pretty nice.

I have played wow on and off since the beginning. Have done raiding (in all its incarnations) more to the casual side than the hardcore side. And I keep coming back every expansion. Even though I have played other MMOs nothing seems to hold my attention like wow can. I have even read the books to get more lore. Quests have defiantly gotten a lot better since the early vanilla days less repetitive quests and more story aspects. Something that the Old republic MMO is entirely based on.

I am not playing right now but I know once mists of pandaria comes out I'll have to reactivate. Thought the free level 80 you get with reactivating your account sounds pretty nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived