The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Are You A Canucks Fan?

tjolsen

Guest BuckFoston

From some Yahoo article I read today:

"Canucks are like the ex-boyfriend you always take back thinking they'll change," one female Canuck fan tweeted.

Maybe that's why... at least for a chunk of the fan base. ^_^

I moved to Vancouver last year in March just intime for the Playoff run to the SCF. I watched every game of the playoffs and every game of the end of the regular season, and just fell in love with the everything about the Canucks. My first ever hockey game I saw live was the 5-0 loss to Chicago in Game #5 of the first round last season, even that couldn't kill the love.

some 12 months later and I'm back in Australia watching these games in the middle of the day taking days off work just to watch the Canucks. Its a rollercoaster of emotions and every pump up video I see on youtube makes me want to be back in Van City so bad.

My love for the Canucks is the main reason i'm coming back to fantastic city and country of yours and look forward to watching the rest of this season and being there for the season next.

Born and raised in Vancouver after my parents immigrated here. Mom loved everything Canadian, hockey included. She was the lowest maintenance person I knew but when the Canucks game was on she demanded the tv! A big chunk of what I know about faith was probably learned by watching her team playing from behind.

Been a big fan since.

Also Vancouver's too expensive to live in. I'll probably move soon but really all I'm doing is helping spread out the Canuck's nation

Born and raised in Van, I miss it more than anything in this world. I could not pick any one thing but .........Tanti, Smyl, TIGERWilliams ! , Rota, Linden, Bure, Burke,Kurvers, Gradin, Odjik, Bertuzzi/man i miss Bert:( HAMHUIS!!!!! KING RICHARD !!! Naslund ! LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Sundstrum, Lidster, Skriko, Nedved, Ronning, Courtnall's.....Hmmmm let me see Al MO ! who could forget Mogilny ! Adams, Lumme, Gelinas, Aucoin, Dont even get me started on the current roster..... Have faith Canuck nation that glimmer of hope is now a ray of light ! This team can do this, If any one line steps up on any given night we can pull this off. History will be made !

The Flyers are my main team simply because of location, my hometown, but 3-4 years ago I honestly just got sick of the whole act with Richards and Carter and the other primadonna acts with numerous other Flyers at the time and found myself honestly disgusted watching them and seeing all the off the ice drama (best day of my life when they cleaned house haha). So just watching other hockey teams games I found myself most drawn to the Canucks at the time. Loved how they played, how most of the players conducted themselves, the coach, the management, and how they maintained a good hockey atmosphere in a large city. I will admit some recent antics turned me off but that's why I started to like the Canucks. They are kind of my side team though so that may not count for this.

I've been a fan going back to when Tickets were $15.00 in the red zone at the Pacific Coliseum.

I grew up watching the Canucks. A few highlights dating back to when I was a kid was Rick Blight, Denis Kerns, Curt Fraser and Harold Snepts coached us at a hockey practice in Port Moody.

The main reason for being a Canucks fan like most: They are our Home team.

Archived