The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Volunteers..

I Can't Stop

That is my ultimate goal/dream job, and what I am working up to right now.

I probably can't apply yet with my age/credentials, but I am 100% focused on my education and whatever else I can do to in the meantime, to get there..

Do you have any more info on these opportunities? Are you a member of a department?

Thanks! :)

That is my ultimate goal/dream job, and what I am working up to right now.

I probably can't apply yet with my age/credentials, but I am 100% focused on my education and whatever else I can do to in the meantime, to get there..

Do you have any more info on these opportunities? Are you a member of a department?

Thanks! :)

I volunteer for Search and Rescue.

We meet once a week for training and new members are required to train all day saturday once a month tell they complete their basic course. We don't get too many calls but when they do come it's often at 1am, or during diner (including Xmas diner one year) so you need to be prepared to drop everything and go help findone in any wheater at any time of the day.

Really good group of people and excellent training, I recommended it for anyone who loves the outdoors and wants to give back. If your interested in first aid skills (you mentioned St. Johns) search and rescue may also be for you.

Thanks again for all of the support and responses...

I have thought about search and rescue, and I would love to join, but with my current job, I dont think there is any way I could leave in the middle of a job, and respond to emergencies.. Plus I have an emergency pager of my own for this job, so it would interfere as well!

Archived