The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Van-Ana

If there is any trade with the Ducks that is realistic, particularly from their top line, is Bobby Ryan. I don't know how people ever think that the Ducks would trade either Perry or Getzlaf is beyond me. Seriously I saw some proposals with these two and I'm like wow.

There is no way Ducks are trading Perry especially when he is at his prime right now and one of the league's top scorer the last 2 years behind Stamkos. And Getzlaf, yes he had an off-season last year, but he is big bodied center with tons of skill and one of the few players in the league that can put up more than a point a game. That kind of player is very hard to find and they don't come around that often. No way the Ducks would even consider trading Getzlaf. He is a bargain at his current salary. So is Perry, can't believe his cap hit is only 5.325 mill. Put both are UFA's after next year and both will definitely get raises. Even though the Ryan is very talented and can score and still very young, if the Ducks would ever consider trading any of their top line player, it would be Ryan. Ryan would be a perfect fit with Kesler on that second line. He also has a decent contract with a decent cap hit at 5.1 mill per season until 2014-2015.

Also people that were suggesting Canucks getting Parise....come on that is not going to happen at all. A lot of other teams are interested in Parise if Devils don't sign him, and those other teams have a lot more cap space than the canucks to sign him. I can see him going to Detroit, Nashville, Jets, or I actually think Jersey will find a way to resign him. So Canucks won't be getting Parise, trust me.

Hiller had an off season, especially in the 2nd half. I think Hiller will have a bounce back year for them. But what the Ducks really need is help in defense, Visnovsky is more of an offensive Dmen and Fowler is still learning. They need a reliable D.

To VAN:

- Bobby Ryan, Ana 2nd round pick

To ANA:

- Alex Edler, David Booth, rights to Raymond

Canucks get their 2nd Line goal scorer they really needed, and Ducks get a top 2 D in Edler, someone to replace Ryan in David Booth, even though its a downgrade they have the cap space to a sign someone else in free agent, and they get the rights to Raymond and sign him for cheap. Raymond still has some upside and change of scenario might do him well.

Next year I would like to see a line up like this

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows (we know they're awesome)

Whitney-Kesler-Ryan (Kesler, Ryan are shoot first guys, Whitney is a great passer)

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen (Grinders, and hard working with slight scoring touch)

Weise-Malhotra-Kassian (I don't know about this line, but we can't really move Malhotra because of his NTC and not sure if Kassian is ready)

(Sign extra's for 4th liner whatever and rotate with Weise, don't really care)

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Garrison-Schenn (assuming luongo get's traded for schenn, Ballard traded for picks)

Tanev-Salo (if Salo retires sign someone else, Carle, Coliacovo, Allen, Souray, )

Schneider

Biron

We get a very good 2nd line here and we know that the 3rd line can do well, they're all grinders. Defense looks a lot better as well.

Yea but see if we want to trade for a top 6 player, we got to give up something. We can't really get much for Ballard raymond and whatever people were suggesting around here. And we know that we can't trade either Bieksa and Hamhuis because of their NTC. So the only option if a team needs D is to trade Edler. And in this case Ducks definitely do need D

I love Ryan. I think he's the best of the big three, the most consistent and has a nackfor scoring the goal that the team needs, whether its a GWG or a GTG. Love watching him play.

I think this deal is pretty even but since its in the conference Ducks may ask for a bit more like a depth player or a mid-tier prospect.

I love Ryan. I think he's the best of the big three, the most consistent and has a nackfor scoring the goal that the team needs, whether its a GWG or a GTG. Love watching him play.

I think this deal is pretty even but since its in the conference Ducks may ask for a bit more like a depth player or a mid-tier prospect.

Archived