The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Richards

ninja321

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! First thing I noticed was the odd shape of the sig -- not the typical rectangle (I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me!). Or rather, the border of the sig which kinda blends into the bg making it a little invisible :P Not a bad thing at all, but different!

I actually really like the text. It looks cool with the eraser through it :) That being said though, I keep trying to imagine what this would look like without the text and that in itself would look awesome too. And different. I think the yellow of the text changes the complexion of the whole thing - if I'm making any sense at all - but I get why you did it since the duplicate threw off the centring so you had to draw some focus back to the left.

Which brings me to the duplicate. I havta say, I normally despise duplicate renders because it sometimes makes everything look overtly -180 degrees, like the logo, or the #. But I really like how that's hidden pretty well here actually. The second 'wing' actually gives good balance to the one in the main render. And I do like the entire starry theme - I think the stars layer adds some good depth and texture to the sig.

All in all, great job for a first-time-back'er. I can't imagine the mess I'd have on my hands if I attempted to get back at it :P

• 2 weeks later...

just add some contrast ( or saturation). I like border. Lose the border in the name, it's bold enough without it ( ...and try removing the reversed image in the background )...overall this good work!! Keep it comin man!!!

Archived