The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shaw DVR - buzzing noise?

Lui's Knob

So I've had some weird stuff going on with my shaw cable the past couple days. 2 days ago, while watching tv, it goes black showing "no signal" but could hear the audio....after unplugging and replugging back in the PVR (Pace - btw Pace is nothing short of rubbish dvr garbage, nothing but problems)my HDD expander (WD) starts buzzing with a series of noises.

Next day, I'm watching my tv and notice the DVR won't access my recordings (press LIST) and won't pause live tv. I call Shaw, and apparently there were network issues but they said it had nothing to do with it. The expander itself is not even 12-16 months old, never had a problem with it, and after tech support (forcing shut off/shut on) still doesn't work and still hear series of beeping noises.

Interestingly while there's been service issues, Shaw mentions "well we have a new HD expander you can purchase!" - if it somehow is their fault, they should replace my expander....anyone else have this happen to them/solutions to fix? I can't believe my expander is toast (could conceive my PACE box refuses to read it...wouldn't surprise me how junky the box is).

Did you open things up to see what is really going on?

This could indicate a serious problem...

HAMSTER-WHEEL.jpg

Check out this thread at the Shaw support forum:

https://community.shaw.ca/thread/1459

OTOH could have gone with Telus... if there is ever a hint of hardware problem they swap out the components for new and offer upgrades free of charge.

LOL if that were only true. They were arguing that my computer was the problem and not their components when I phoned to say my internet was down. They argued for so long and wouldn't send a tech out so I went with shaw who came out and fixed the problem in 10 minutes. Guess what, wasn't my computer.

Archived