The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Anime/Manga Tournament [Dragon Ball Division 2.0]CLOSED

Alchemy Time

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is the first poll of the second round.

Since this is the second round I'll assume these are all known to you all by now and I don't need write-ups.

Dragon Ball:

Gundam Wing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2r7cJvtUNo

Dragon Ball Z:

Ghost in the Shell:

Grave of the Fireflies:

Spirited Away:

Darker than Black:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOswhaR9UOA

Hellsing:

DBZ was basically my entire childhood. Spirited Away is also one of my favourite movies of all time. Grave of the Fireflies was way too grim for when I first watched it

Such a beautifully depressing movie. Spirited Away was great, but Grave of the Fireflies imo is Studio Ghibli's best movie.

Such a beautifully depressing movie. Spirited Away was great, but Grave of the Fireflies imo is Studio Ghibli's best movie.

Idk about that. I mean it was a great movie, but it's not something I can watch over and over again and still enjoy it every time. Princess Mononoke, Totoro, Laputa, and Spirited Away were all better imo. Then again, I may just have a preference for Miyazaki's films :P

Idk about that. I mean it was a great movie, but it's not something I can watch over and over again and still enjoy it every time. Princess Mononoke, Totoro, Laputa, and Spirited Away were all better imo. Then again, I may just have a preference for Miyazaki's films :P

Fair enough, but by that logic movies with massive twists at the end wouldn't be some of the best movies, because you already know the twist, so watching it again wouldn't be enjoyable.

I am in no way saying any of the other movies you named are bad (but I think you should add Ponyo to that list of great Miyazaki movies ;)) but I don't know. None of the other movie you mentioned really brought forth the same level of emotional response for me like Grave of the Fireflies did.

It was the last movie I ever cried while I watched. After watching it I realized how every other sad scene in any movie wasn't worth crying because of, they all were mundane and boring in comparison to Grave of the Fireflies.

Fair enough, but by that logic movies with massive twists at the end wouldn't be some of the best movies, because you already know the twist, so watching it again wouldn't be enjoyable.

I am in no way saying any of the other movies you named are bad (but I think you should add Ponyo to that list of great Miyazaki movies ;)) but I don't know. None of the other movie you mentioned really brought forth the same level of emotional response for me like Grave of the Fireflies did.

It was the last movie I ever cried while I watched. After watching it I realized how every other sad scene in any movie wasn't worth crying because of, they all were mundane and boring in comparison to Grave of the Fireflies.

Haha I wasn't a huge fan of Ponyo oddly enough. Howl's was okay, but everything after Spirited Away just wasn't as good as his older stuff. I guess I'm biased towards that particular film because I had a copy of it and I would watch it over and over during summer breaks. The characters in that movie were probably Miyazaki's best and that's saying something.

Archived