The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van/Pitt/NYI before trade deadline

Kesler and Hansen for Maatta, Bennett, Sutter, and a 1st (2014). Then trade Edler, Schroeder, for Strome and a 1st(2015).

Next years line up:

Daniel Henrick Burrows

Higgins Strome Kassian

Horvat Sutter Santorelli

Sestito Richardson Archibald

Hammer Bieksa

Maatta Tanev

Garrison Stanton

Well Balanced. Plus we get two first rounders this year and next year with a better chance of drafting McDavid . This proposal is if we went in rebuild mode obviously. This way we are stacked at the center position for years, and we have a soild future top pairing of Maatta(PMD,PPQB) and Tanev. I feel confident with that lineup, plus our picks, and prospects going into the future.

Kesler and Hansen for Maatta, Bennett, Sutter, and a 1st (2014). Then trade Edler, Schroeder, for Strome and a 1st(2015).

Next years line up:

Daniel Henrick Burrows

Higgins Strome Kassian

Horvat Sutter Santorelli

Hammer Bieksa

Maatta Tanev

Garrison Stanton

Well Balanced. Plus we get two first rounders this year and next year with a better chance of drafting McDavid . This proposal is if we went in rebuild mode obviously. This way we are stacked at the center position for years, and we have a soild future top pairing of Maatta(PMD,PPQB) and Tanev. I feel confident with that lineup, plus our picks, and prospects going into the future.

Pittsburgh has roughly $1.1M in cap space. They take on $6.35M in this deal and only send back $3.8. Do you see a problem here? Plus do you honestly think Pittsburgh send out all their high end youth for Kesler and Hansen?

Do you really think Edler will waive his NTC to go to the Islanders?

Next years line up:

Daniel Henrick Burrows

Higgins Strome Kassian

Horvat Sutter Santorelli

Hammer Bieksa

Maatta Tanev

Garrison Stanton

Strome is having a good rookie season in the AHL but I'm not sure hes ready to jump into a 2C role as soon as next season and with Tavares going down the NYI are sure to be in the bottom 5 this season so that means they'll be giving their 2015 1st to Buffalo as part of the Vanek trade.

Pittsburgh has roughly $1.1M in cap space. They take on $6.35M in this deal and only send back $3.8. Do you see a problem here? Plus do you honestly think Pittsburgh send out all their high end youth for Kesler and Hansen?

Do you really think Edler will waive his NTC to go to the Islanders?

Good point. Some salary would have to come back our way then. Maybe we can take back one of their bad contracts if they have one? I think Keslers value is at an all time high. One of the best two way forwards in the game that is still on contract for two years and isn't that old either. Maybe take out Bennet and replace him with a roster player?

As for Edler he would be a king in NY. Great young nucleous there and his game might flourish more in the East.

Strome is having a good rookie season in the AHL but I'm not sure hes ready to jump into a 2C role as soon as next season and with Tavares going down the NYI are sure to be in the bottom 5 this season so that means they'll be giving their 2015 1st to Buffalo as part of the Vanek trade.

Man, Buffalo really pimped it with that Vanek trade...

They get whatever the trade Moulson for before the deadline and a 2014 top 5 pick or a 1st in the biggest draft in years...and a 2nd I believe!

Archived