The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Early look at potential Canucks 2014-2015 roster

Only listed players Canucks have signed through next year with a few tweaks that IMO will be done (I assume we re-sign our key RFA's Kassian and Tanev + buy out of Booth cuz it will happen lol). We also can almost be certain to see a core player or two move for high picks and/or prospects; and continue to let our highly touted prospects have a crack at bat. That all said and put aside, have a look at the line up... I really sense some light at the end of the road! this base roster without knowing our offseason moves is more competive than the product currently being played on the ice. We aren't gonna need to re-build but more in need of a quick offseason re-structure.

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows

Kesler Horvat Jensen

Higgins Matthias Kassian

Hansen Richardson Sestito

Extras: Fox, Zelewski

Edler Hamhuis

Garrison Tanev

Stanton Bieksa

Extras: Corrado, Sauve

Lack Markstrom

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen

Burrows-Kesler-Santorelli

Higgins-Matthias-Kassian

Sestito-Richardson-Archibald

Hamhuis-Garrison

Edler-Tanev

Stanton-Bieksa

Lack

Markstrom

That's how our forwards look and tbh Hansen needs to go we have better options then him moving forward

Still means someone has to move but the way Santo played this year hes staying...Jensen might be sent down again but doubtful...Horvat will probably get another year in Junior because of this depth and with Gaunce in the AHL its a possibility...Unless a trade is made or a UFA signs here(doubtful) that's probably the roster we are going to run

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Burrows-Horvat-Kesler
Higgins-Matthias-Santorelli
Sestito-Richardson-Kassian

Archibald-Hansen

Hamhuis-Garrison
Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Bieksa

Weber

Lack
Markstrom

This is what I'd like to see, pending any UFA signings. I'd love to sign Stastny and let Horvat have one more developmental year.

Looking at this lineup, I believe both Higgins and Hansen are not necessary - strange seeing how integral both have been in recent times - but if we have Horvat here, and Jensen continues to shine, then either Santo or Kassian is on the 4th line, and that's not good for either. I'd like to see Higgins moved (potential good return or as part of a wider Kesler deal possibly), and allow Santo to play 3LW and Kassian 3RW.

Either way, we have plenty of options all of a sudden :)

Archived