The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks and Philly and Oshawa

This could be an interesting draft.

1. We have sixth so the ability to move up a couple of spots shouldn't be that hard, especially given there are no clear cut picks post number 3 (assuming Ekblad, Reinhart and Bennett are the favorites in those spots).

2. Next could be any one of Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Perlini, Ehlers, etc etc.

3. We have Cassells who has shown very good chemistry with Dal Colle and Laughton.

4. Philly likes Kesler :)

5. Kesler and Edler and Schroeder to Philly for Brayden Schenn, Laughton, and their first.

6. Our first and Hansen to whomever to move up and get Dal Colle

7. Philly has 17th pick so hopefully a guy like Fleury falls and we grab him there as well.

We would then have the potential of the following in the future

Shinkaruk / Schenn / Kassian

Dal Colle / Laughton / Cassels (Oshawa line, these 3 kids have incredible chemistry)

Matthias / Horvat / Jensen

wow....

And right now we'd have

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burrows Schenn Kassian

Higgins Laughton Booth (Laughton is ready, allows Horvat another year in Junior)

Santo Richardson Matthias

4 really difficult lines to deal with

Im really liking this idea although I dont think Philly wants to trade Laughton but theyre getting Kesler so just maybe. Also, I think Sean Couturier might even be a possibility. Hes a young two-way forward but we might be asking for a lot so we'll just have to settle with Shenn. Then just looking at your lines, Booth might be bought out and if he isnt Santorelli might be a better fit than Booth

Im really liking this idea although I dont think Philly wants to trade Laughton but theyre getting Kesler so just maybe. Also, I think Sean Couturier might even be a possibility. Hes a young two-way forward but we might be asking for a lot so we'll just have to settle with Shenn. Then just looking at your lines, Booth might be bought out and if he isnt Santorelli might be a better fit than Booth

I don't think they would move Coutourier, I agree he's a bigger win for us but can't see Philly doing it..thus Schenn.

Philly has a log jam at center so while they may not want to give up Laughton we are giving them two players who can put them over the top. And we give them some youth in return in Schroeds who with a big team around him may actually emerge (and in the more open east).

I don't think they would move Coutourier, I agree he's a bigger win for us but can't see Philly doing it..thus Schenn.Philly has a log jam at center so while they may not want to give up Laughton we are giving them two players who can put them over the top. And we give them some youth in return in Schroeds who with a big team around him may actually emerge (and in the more open east).

Ok agreed then. As for shroeder, hes a UFA in the summer so Philly might not be sold on him. Maybe we can give them Hansen if they dont want shroeder.

Archived