The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will Benning draft?

Tangerines

Shane Gersich did unbelievably well at the Combine but is ranked #132 by Central Scouting so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on whether Bennett not doing so great at chin ups. Bennett can play hockey and is of good character....that's the bottom line.

Yeah....maybe....

Eh....I don't know.....there seems to be something inherently wrong with a pro athlete, and a light one at that, not being able to do a chin up, I can do a few reps and I sit at computer all day.

When I think about someone that weak playing a 200ft. game from center ice, I find myself wondering if he would ever be able to win a puck battle.

These days most NHL'ers are incredibly strong, benching their own weight through several reps and squatting the weight of a small car.

Yeah....maybe....

Eh....I don't know.....there seems to be something inherently wrong with a pro athlete, and a light one at that, not being able to do a chin up, I can do a few reps and I sit at computer all day.

When I think about someone that weak playing a 200ft. game from center ice, I find myself wondering if he would ever be able to win a puck battle.

These days most NHL'ers are incredibly strong, benching their own weight through several reps and squatting the weight of a small car.

He's also not an NHLer yet. I'm sure what ever team drafts him will set him up with a personal training and by the time he puts on a jersey in the NHL he will be fine.

Think of how weak the "great one" was when he was 18. Strength doesn't correlate into being an effective, smart, hockey player.

Craig Button's list is a combined NA and Euro list whereas the CS list is not. Besides his opinion might be right.....at this point it is just as credible as any other list out there.I can't remember any draft year where CS or anyone else was bang on.

I agree but 43 for Virt is a little insulting to the guy. He wont make it past 15 at the most I dont think. :)

Archived