The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Are there Canuck players you distinctly like more than others?

zombieksa

Sedins are the two who I would not trade. Their legacy is more important to the team than any potential return (short of Pittsburgh offering Crosby, Malkin, and Letang or any other beyond ridiculous offer).

I pretty much like everyone on the team. Edler has had some on ice problems, but I don't dislike him. I would trade him if it gave a good return, but I have nothing against him. If Matt Cooke or Brad *the pure evil rat* Marchand were on the team I would strongly dislike the both of them (well Cookie was a Canuck not to long ago, but not anymore).

I find Kassian endearing. He's a big manchild who wants to be a big boy, and I hope he gets his wish and becomes a great NHLer.
Burrows, despite being a donkey at times, seems like a really nice guy. He worked extremely hard just to have the opportunity to play in the NHL and made the most of it. He worked harder than most players have had to to get where he is today. I respect that.

We have a lot of good people on the team: Bieksa, Hamhuis, Garrison, Tanev, etc. I respect them a lot.

Now if we are talking trades, that is another thing. Certain players I think are expendable, while others are not. I do not think we could replace Bieksa at the moment. His role in the team is too important and I don't really see any upgrades. There are more skilled guys, there are bigger guys, there are guys who can eat more minutes, but Bieksa plays a strong leadership role. I'm not saying we should not go after upgrades on defence, it's that we would be better off shipping off a different defenseman.

Archived