The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our Prospect Pool...

Shinkaruk_9

First time poster folks. Last year the Canucks prospects were ranked in the 24-28 range. Hunter Shinkaruk was the only player described as having "high-end" talent, and while some think Benning should have picked a more skilled player with the number 6 pick, he added two solid prospects in Virtanen and McCann. But Shinkaruk is still the only player seen with that high end potential. The defensive pool is very thin for Vancouver, but definitely improved with the Russian Bear. However, there is no blue chip defensive prospect in this system. Demko is a top end goaltending prospect, but he is a goaltening prospect. When Corey Pronman, HF, THN, and others come out with their rankings the Canucks will be in the 15-20 range.

First time poster folks. Last year the Canucks prospects were ranked in the 24-28 range. Hunter Shinkaruk was the only player described as having "high-end" talent, and while some think Benning should have picked a more skilled player with the number 6 pick, he added two solid prospects in Virtanen and McCann. But Shinkaruk is still the only player seen with that high end potential. The defensive pool is very thin for Vancouver, but definitely improved with the Russian Bear. However, there is no blue chip defensive prospect in this system. Demko is a top end goaltending prospect, but he is a goaltening prospect. When Corey Pronman, HF, THN, and others come out with their rankings the Canucks will be in the 15-20 range.

Good first post, I agree most on here are over rating the Canucks prospects. I do have to disagree about the no blue I think Bo Horvat could be considered a blue chip prospect. He made HF's top 40 propects list last year and if he's not in the NHL this year he'll play a huge role on Canada's World Jr. team as a returning player. Virtanan is also a 40 prospect.

Archived