The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2014-2015 Canucks Broadcast Media Thread

cleowin

Vancouver Canucks
34 national games and 48 regional games

This is an increase of eight/nine games from the past few seasons

17 Saturdays and 15 of them are national games (most of them to be on the CBC), the remaining two games are regional games on Sportsnet Pacific which are matinees.

Four Wednesdays, all are national games on Sportsnet

11 Sundays with six national games on CITY and five regional games on Sportsnet Pacific and Sportsnet Vancouver.

The other nine national games:

two Monday games on Sportsnet
one Tuesday game on Sportsnet
four Thursday games with three on Sportsnet 360 and one on Sportsnet
two Friday games, Sportsnet and Sportsnet One
__________________________________________________ __________

Credit goes to Steve Faguy and his blog, http://blog.fagstein.com/2014/08/18/...edule-2014-15/

I liked the way he set it up, so I followed the format.

I like Johnson, but Romanuk... will take some time to get used to.

Here's my predictions:

Sat, Oct 18:

TBL @ VAN: Hughson/Simpson

Sat, Nov 1:

VAN @ EDM: Hughson/Simpson

Sat, Nov 8:

VAN @ LAK: Hughson/Simpson

Sun, Nov 9:

VAN @ ANA: Hughson/Simpson

Wed, Nov 19:

VAN @ EDM: Hughson/Simpson

Sun, Nov 30:

VAN @ DET: Hughson/Simpson

Sat, Dec 6:

VAN @ TOR: Hughson/Simpson

Sun, Dec 7:

VAN @ OTT: Hughson/Simpson

Sat, Dec 13:

NYR @ VAN: Romanuk/Johnson

Wed, Dec 17:

DAL @ VAN: Hughson/Simpson

Sat, Dec 20:

CGY @ VAN: Hughson/Simpson

Sun, Dec 28:

VAN @ ANA: Hughson/Simpson

Sat, Jan 3:

DET @ VAN: Romanuk/Johnson

Sat, Jan 10:

CGY @ VAN: Hughson/Simpson

Sat, Feb 7:

PIT @ VAN: Hughson/Simpson

Wed, Feb 11:

VAN @ CHI: Hughson/Simpson

Sat, Feb 14:

VAN @ CGY: Hughson/Simpson

Sun, Feb 22:

VAN @ NYI: Randorf/Galley

Sat, Mar 7:

VAN @ SJS: Romanuk/Johnson

Sat, Mar 14:

TOR @ VAN: Hughson/Simpson

Sun, Mar 22:

VAN @ ARI: Randorf/Galley

Sat, Mar 28:

DAL @ VAN: Romanuk/Johnson

Sat, Apr 11:

EDM @ VAN: Romanuk/Johnson

Any thoughts on which games we can expect to see using the Sportsnet Now streaming option? As it is pretty much an extension of your Cable TV package, I was surprised to see tonight's game blacked out. WIll this be the case for all National games? What about the regional ones?

And really, why the blackouts at all? They're showing the exact same cable feed to verified Sportsnet subscribers for their content so they won't be losing any customers. Just inconveniencing current customers who may prefer or need to watch the game on a pc/laptop/tablet/phone. Hey, sometimes I lose the fight for the remote...

Probably answering my own question, but guessing it's all to do with Game Center Live having the monopoly on the pc/laptop/tablet/phone realm...

What platform were you watching on?

As far as I understand, you have to be a Rogers customer, or subscribed to any standard cable package that carries sportsnet to watch them.

Using a laptop with now.sportsnet.ca. Have had no issues since it was launched last week - MLB games, Canucks preseason etc. During tonight's game the only thing being broadcast was a "Due to NHL broadcast restrictions, this blackout is in effect." complete with the Sportsnet logo. Once the game ended, regular programming resumed. The Twitternetbook had quite a few people mentioning the same.

At this point. I'm ready for some Canucks focused reporting from anywhere at all.

I'm trying to give Strombo and his Fireside Chat with Kypreos and Friends a chance. But seriously...It is a NATIONAL broadcast, not a Leafs broadcast. Just try and give the Western fans a little something. The Leafs suck and I for one don't care to hear about them at all, especially during Canucks games.

I'm ready for some Shorty and Cheech.

Was it Romanuk last night? The guy is guessing at numbers and has been since pre-season. I don't know if he needs new glasses or what, but: "...goal! Sedin....er Bonino." kinda sucks as a call.

He new it was Hunt's first NHL goal, but not Vey's...it's the Canucks home opener for gawd sakes...do your homework.

Where for art though Don Taylor?

I'm sure the regional product will be different, but right now...I'm not encouraged by the quality of Canucks coverage at all. Even though we play in Rogers Place...the West gets no love from Rogers new broadcast. Not impressed at all.

There is a Taylor sized hole in the market place.

TSN do the right thing and give Don his own pre/post game Canucks show.

Not impressed at all with Rogers National broadcast, or the revamped HNIC. Awful product.

George Strombo (whatever the fuck you spell his name) has no business being the host. He has no knowledge or any experience with the game in any professional capacity.

It was hard to watch for sure.

hi

can you direct me to a link/web site that i can down load the podcasts of the game on please? I use the PODCAST app on itunes which wored fine during pre season but now wont work fir the regular season games. I live in the UK so downloading the podcats is essential for me. Any suggetsions greatfully recieved.

Archived