The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada's Got an Inequality Problem

freebuddy

My point is that canada does not lead the world in upward mobility as you claimed , the scandinavian countries do, you just made a claim with out any information to back that claim, if you have a some information to back your claim , provide it.

Endless opportunity ? , canada's current unemployment rate is 6.6% this is more than the US , Aus, UK in fact most of the G20 countries.

So your issue is one of semantics, then, because top-5 is definitely "leading the world" as I understand it. You can bash Canada all you want, but it doesn't get any easier anywhere else.

So your issue is one of semantics, then, because top-5 is definitely "leading the world" as I understand it. You can bash Canada all you want, but it doesn't get any easier anywhere else.

Top 5 is not leading the world mate, the scandivian nations were clearly out in front with nations like ours in the second group.

I am not trying to bash Canada , i have spent a lot of time in your country and as i have often stated it is beautiful place with people very much like aussies , if you had more warm weather and surf beaches i would love to live there.

You really are just an empty shell aren't you?

I mean it's like you're one of the automated machines Lockout is talking about taking over for people.

It's a lovely story and a moderately well written article I'll give you that but how about you use your programming to actual come up with an argument. C'mon, if Watson can do it you can do it.

You should check out those videos where they give the homeless guy a pizza only to have someone else come buy and ask for a slice. Homeless guy shares his pizza and we all feel good about how generous people can be. It's really quite nice each time I see it; completely useless here but very nice.

If you're going to reply try having something to say for yourself. Put some substance in your argument.

It isn't worth spending a lot of time on when all I get back from posters like you are snotty responses like this. You chose to respond to this instead of my other post regarding who would pay for a minimum income. Try this video yourself:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6378022

Top 5 is not leading the world mate, the scandivian nations were clearly out in front with nations like ours in the second group.

I am not trying to bash Canada , i have spent a lot of time in your country and as i have often stated it is beautiful place with people very much like aussies , if you had more warm weather and surf beaches i would love to live there.

Do you think providing Australia or any other countries citizens with a minimum income would work?

It isn't worth spending a lot of time on when all I get back from posters like you are snotty responses like this. You chose to respond to this instead of my other post regarding who would pay for a minimum income. Try this video yourself:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6378022

This is a a fallacy and a cop out. You never gotten a response from me about anything of substance because you've never replied to me with anything of substance.

The reason I responded to that regurgitation rather than your previous regurgitation is because I had already seen that article and it's filled with inaccuracies as well I had already had a good discussion with louckout about it.

I refuse to watch the video until you add something. Look at the back and forth lockout and I had. We disagree on some things and agree on others but at the end of the day it was a good discussion. I don't care for your regurgitation of other peoples work. Tell me yourself what the video says.

Ok ok to be fair...I won't watch that video because I've already seen it but that's not really the point. It's a very nice point that proves absolutely nothing. It would be like if I showed you a video of a white cop doing outreach work in a black school to try to convince you that cops aren't racist.

Do you think providing Australia or any other countries citizens with a minimum income would work?

We have a minimum wage - $15.96 an hour.

What we need is a more even division of wealth.

This will be very hard to achieve , the wealthy have convinced the stupid that they will be the beneficiaries of trickle down economics ,so now the stupid are arguing that greed is good.

This is a a fallacy and a cop out. You never gotten a response from me about anything of substance because you've never replied to me with anything of substance.

The reason I responded to that regurgitation rather than your previous regurgitation is because I had already seen that article and it's filled with inaccuracies as well I had already had a good discussion with louckout about it.

I refuse to watch the video until you add something. Look at the back and forth lockout and I had. We disagree on some things and agree on others but at the end of the day it was a good discussion. I don't care for your regurgitation of other peoples work. Tell me yourself what the video says.

Ok ok to be fair...I won't watch that video because I've already seen it but that's not really the point. It's a very nice point that proves absolutely nothing. It would be like if I showed you a video of a white cop doing outreach work in a black school to try to convince you that cops aren't racist.

I get it. You don't want to discuss basic income with me. You would rather argue, which is why I don't spend much time responding to the likes of you, which was my original point.

We have a minimum wage - $15.96 an hour.

What we need is a more even division of wealth.

This will be very hard to achieve , the wealthy have convinced the stupid that they will be the beneficiaries of trickle down economics ,so now the stupid are arguing that greed is good.

ugh, I guess they have Reaganomics in Australia too, too bad. Maybe they'll get the singer from Midnight Oil to figure it out someday.

I get it. You don't want to discuss basic income with me. You would rather argue, which is why I don't spend much time responding to the likes of you, which was my original point.

I'd love to actually discuss it with you actually. Lets discuss it.

In your opinion what's the biggest benefit and biggest fault with instituting a minimum income for all.

Do you think minimum income should include everyone or only people who earn an income?

I'm actually really looking forward to an actual discussion on this topic with you. Buddha's hand knows me. I'm worth spending time on if you're actually interested in a discussion.

Archived