The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Locked thread redirecting me?

Duds

Don't check it out yourself, but that locked thread below about beating up sports personalities redirects my phone to a site that says something about not being able to detect a SIM card. Not a www kind of site, but a 192.other numbers site kind of like logging into your router. After clicking that thread, my browser kept redirecting to the 192. site until I rebooted you phone, and I can't connect to my wireless now (using 3G for this). Any clarification what's going on? Any mods on that can soothe my fears?

QUICK, dunk your phone in some holy water! IT'S POSSESSED!!!

Download the free Kaspersky Antivirus scanner from Apple/Android store, scan your phone for malware. If it comes up clean then you have a hardware problem.

If it's not software or hardware, see first sentence of post.

Thanks for the replies. After looking around online a bit it seems the prevailing thought with iPhones is that they don't get malware/viruses, so anti-malware is pretty useless. Any opinions on that? My phone seems to be fine now, not sure what changed. It did give me issues a couple more times, each time late at night and then it was fine again in the morning. That timing strikes me as odd.

Thanks for the replies. After looking around online a bit it seems the prevailing thought with iPhones is that they don't get malware/viruses, so anti-malware is pretty useless. Any opinions on that? My phone seems to be fine now, not sure what changed. It did give me issues a couple more times, each time late at night and then it was fine again in the morning. That timing strikes me as odd.

There are Apple fanbois believe that Apple can do no wrong. Google: "WireLurker virus". Fortunately for most of the world, the Apple WireLurker virus mostly stayed in Asia and Eastern Europe.

If you have $15 to spare, buy Kaspersky from Apple's app store and install it. It doesn't slow the phone down and it will always be there protecting your phone just in case something does happen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2823311/Apple-devices-malware-attack-iphones-iPads-Macs-hit-WireLurker-virus-steals-personal-information.html

Archived