The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade proposals 2015/2016

First of, what are our needs?

In my opinion our biggest need at the moment is defensive prospects and forwards who are entering their prime.

So what I suggest are the following trades.

Before deadline.

Vrbata + Shinkaruk for Okposo

Resign Okposo at 3 years at 5.5.- 6

Why?

As mentioned we are in need of players who can contribute right now and in the future. Okposo is just that. And having Vrbata with Tavares would be a deadly duo + they get a potenial top six forward. And we have to add something like Shink, as other teams are likely to bid for Okposo aswell.

Hamhuis (retained 25%) to Dallas for 1st and Demers

(If Hamhuis is "OK" with waiving his NTC for Dallas)

Why? We add a (potentially) top 15 pick and a decent midaged two-way defenceman.

Dallas are in need of a good defenceman who can mentor their young guys for a couple of years and a guy like Hamhuis is just that. And if Klingberg can continue to improve Hamhuis - Klingberg would be a great top defece pair.

Higgins to Pittsburgh for 2nd round pick

Why? Pittsburgh needs to add a solid two-way player to their bottom six. this will provide them with a third line composing of Higgins - Bonino - Bennet. Which gives the Pens a very dangerous top 9.

We add a late 2nd round pick and 2.5 mil cap space.

Line-up after dealine

Sedin Sedin Okposo (Just think Okposo would be a great fit with the Sedins)

Baerschi Horvat Virtanen (I like the idea of a "kidline")

Hansen Sutter Burrows (Possibly the best shutdown line in the league)

Prust Vey Dorsett

If Virtanen isn't ready Burrows can step into that 2nd line role and Kenins, Gaunce and Grenier has a better shot at making the team in the bottom six.

Extra: Kenins, Gaunce

Edler Tanev

Demers Sbisa

Weber Corrado

Bartowski

(Possibly the weakest defence in the league without Hamhuis, I will not argue that)

At the draft we'll have four picks in the top 60

IMO two of these should be defencemen.

Free agency

At free agency our pay roll will be at approximatly 65$ that's including Okposo's contract. Which leaves us with 10ish to spend on renewed contracts and free agents.

Try to sign Alex Goligoski 2 years at 5-5.5$

Lineup 2016/17

Sedin Sedin Okposo

Baerschi Horvat Virtanen (One year mor developed)

Gaunce Sutter Burrows

Hansen McCann Dorsett

Edler Tanev

Goligoski Sbisa

Demers Corrado

Subban, Hutton

Miller

Markström

I think these trades will allow us to stay in the position to fight for a playoff spot in the next two years and will make our prospect pool much better at the same time. And it allows us to inject the line up with youth next to veteran guys who knows how to make it in the league.

Flame away :towel:

If Okposo was going to sign at that price then Snow would have signed him by now. It's likely he is looking for a contract in the 7M+ range. Regardless the Isles have plenty of wingers in their prospect pool. IMO They would rather let Okposo walk than take a step back this year. The East is wide open and I could see them taking their chances.

If Okposo was going to sign at that price then Snow would have signed him by now. It's likely he is looking for a contract in the 7M+ range. Regardless the Isles have plenty of wingers in their prospect pool. IMO They would rather let Okposo walk than take a step back this year. The East is wide open and I could see them taking their chances.

Perhaps I was too optimistic about Okposo. With increased salary cap we could potentially offer him 7. As Sedins contracts will expire during that time period we'd free up (depends on they are resigned or not) 4-14mil. Assuming they'd be signed at 5mil each next contract.

Perhaps I was too optimistic about Okposo. With increased salary cap we could potentially offer him 7. As Sedins contracts will expire during that time period we'd free up (depends on they are resigned or not) 4-14mil. Assuming they'd be signed at 5mil each next contract.

I think 7M is a more reasonable offer. I believe I read somewhere that he is somewhere around 15-16 in PPG the past two seasons. He also put up points when Tavares was down with an injury. The only reason he likely won't end up in O'Reilly range is due to history with injuries. IMO he will be the top free agent in next year's market.

Archived