The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: W/ TML, DAL

Another Hamhuis proposal... Sorry. BUT I do this based off what I have read... Dallas is my second team so I'm going to like anything if they do a deal... Well most things. I'd like to see a return of (and not all) Patrick Nemeth, Jamie Oleksiak or Curtis Mckenzie. All names I have heard from social media. I'd like Oleksiak and Nemeth out of the 3. Dallas isn't very high on Oleksiak. So he may be a bit of s gamble... But we have nothing to lose. The Guy is 23, 6"6' and 260lbs. With a little mentoring he would be a beast for us. Sign him to a 1 year prove it deal and see what he can do. Nemeth much of the same. 24, 6"3' and 230lbs. From what I can gather he is a pretty good stay at home defence man. He would be a great pk guy and someone who can be developed with some good coaching. Mckenzie is a bc boy. 6"2' and plays the wing. Would be a good bottom 6 guy and possibly work in to the top 6. Played in Penticton and has won player of the year in the Ahl.

Id propose 1 of 2... Hamhuis for Oleksiak and Nemeth. OR if they could swing it... Hamhuis and Prust for Oleksiak, Mckenzie and Nemeth. I don't think there is a chance Van gets all 3. But it could be possible. Also Van will have to retain salary. 

2nd proposal would be to trade Vey and a mid round pick to Toronto for Cowen. Idk why he isn't fitting in, in Ontario... But he is young and 6"5'. Another big boy. Toronto eats his Salary... (If they can.. Someone can correct me) and we get a young D who I think can turn it around and find his stride. 

Basicslly we we get some big, young dmen. If they develope or fit in right... Van has a pretty scary looking blue line.

What about

Oleksiak and Ritchie for Hamhuis (retained salary) and Vrbata (retained salary) plus anyone from the yard sale 7 they want.

Vey for Cowen, if Cowen works out, great..... if not we can waive him in the future.

If we could add those 3 players that adds so much size to our lineup, while subtracting soft Vey and soft Vrbata.

11 hours ago, Tyl3z said:

Another Hamhuis proposal... Sorry. BUT I do this based off what I have read... Dallas is my second team so I'm going to like anything if they do a deal... Well most things. I'd like to see a return of (and not all) Patrick Nemeth, Jamie Oleksiak or Curtis Mckenzie. All names I have heard from social media. I'd like Oleksiak and Nemeth out of the 3. Dallas isn't very high on Oleksiak. So he may be a bit of s gamble... But we have nothing to lose. The Guy is 23, 6"6' and 260lbs. With a little mentoring he would be a beast for us. Sign him to a 1 year prove it deal and see what he can do. Nemeth much of the same. 24, 6"3' and 230lbs. From what I can gather he is a pretty good stay at home defence man. He would be a great pk guy and someone who can be developed with some good coaching. Mckenzie is a bc boy. 6"2' and plays the wing. Would be a good bottom 6 guy and possibly work in to the top 6. Played in Penticton and has won player of the year in the Ahl.

Id propose 1 of 2... Hamhuis for Oleksiak and Nemeth. OR if they could swing it... Hamhuis and Prust for Oleksiak, Mckenzie and Nemeth. I don't think there is a chance Van gets all 3. But it could be possible. Also Van will have to retain salary. 

2nd proposal would be to trade Vey and a mid round pick to Toronto for Cowen. Idk why he isn't fitting in, in Ontario... But he is young and 6"5'. Another big boy. Toronto eats his Salary... (If they can.. Someone can correct me) and we get a young D who I think can turn it around and find his stride. 

Basicslly we we get some big, young dmen. If they develope or fit in right... Van has a pretty scary looking blue line.

What about Esa Lindell or Mattias Backman instead. More offense but still with size and not quite as NHL ready as Oleksiak or Nemeth.

Archived