The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] As Armchair GM, I'm Curious...

2 hours ago, Fakename70 said:

Yeah, I get that. But, as I explained in the post you just read, the category I posted in didn't give that option. A different one did, but I didn't think that would've been the best spot for the thread. 

To clarify, tagging a thread simply means adding it where you would normally write the thread title. So in this case, [Discussion] would go before "As Armchair GM, I'm Curious..." The other 'tags' you mention is not necessary; only having it in the thread title is required. Hope that clears it up. :)

30 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

To clarify, tagging a thread simply means adding it where you would normally write the thread title. So in this case, [Discussion] would go before "As Armchair GM, I'm Curious..." The other 'tags' you mention is not necessary; only having it in the thread title is required. Hope that clears it up. :)

Ok. I didn't know that. I did see that in the first category I almost posted it in - can't recall which - but I didn't think it belonged there. 

2 hours ago, Aircool said:

I'm not saying you didn't have to comment, I was saying that the structure of your post was horrific. Either way, that post wasn't addressed to you. It was addressed to someone who was defending the length of your post, and even went so far as to say that it was interesting. I just informed him that I thought the length was avoidable, and that it's not a particularly interesting exercise to use hindsight to evaluate trades and construct an optimal team with no consideration for the salary cap. That's incredibly boring, and doesn't take much more intelligence than a monkey.

So, you're an English teacher then? Regardless, your comment may not have been directed to me, but, it obviously was ABOUT me and what I wrote. I read it and responded. But, you're apparently surprised to discover that sort of thing is commonplace in online forums?

And, if my thread is so flawed and the idea behind it so boring, why on earth would the thinking man or woman even bother to give it any time at all? 

Archived