The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van, CBJ, Det

Arizona has improved a fair bit as well. Sharks regressed but they'll still fight for a playoff spot. Vegas didn't draft as good of a team as they could have. They may end up near the bottom with us.

Central division is really strong. Canucks are going to need some things to go their way to make playoffs

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

You don't think Calgary and Edmonton are improved?  The Flames young players are one year older, and they added a goalie and Hamonic and now Jagr.  The Oilers are also a very young team, and those young guys are all one year more mature.  Those two teams might finish 1-2 in the Western Conference.  (I hate them both, and hope they crash and burn)

Oh Edmonton will do just fine but I'm not convinced yet about Calgary.

Just because a team adds players doesn't mean they instantly become that much better. 

That new goaltender of theirs has some injury problems and the back-up is STILL trying to get his foot hold in this league. Good with Taco's tho....

16 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

Arizona has improved a fair bit as well. Sharks regressed but they'll still fight for a playoff spot. Vegas didn't draft as good of a team as they could have. They may end up near the bottom with us.

Central division is really strong. Canucks are going to need some things to go their way to make playoffs

I like Arizona as they are like us in that they have amassed young players and an aged vet has retired.

They also have a new coach with a new philosophy but an unproven philosophy.

It's truly hard to make hard stamped predictions this year.

I was hoping WPG would've had a good season finally but they have to first get over that arse kickin at the hands of the Leafs lastnite

14 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

I like Arizona as they are like us in that they have amassed young players and an aged vet has retired.

They also have a new coach with a new philosophy but an unproven philosophy.

It's truly hard to make hard stamped predictions this year.

I was hoping WPG would've had a good season finally but they have to first get over that arse kickin at the hands of the Leafs lastnite

Until Winnipeg pay up and get a decent goaltender they won't have any stability. That is difficult for a young team. They should have made an offer for Pickard from Vegas.

I predict an improvement from Arizona. Maybe not playoffs but they'll get close

So Pickard got put on waivers... sadly Winnipeg already has 3 goalies so unless they can offload one they are stuck as is

Archived