The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Bring Back 2011 Team

On 7/4/2019 at 5:02 PM, 6string said:

a15c9a6364552908e34de43a6eb57bc0--caricatures-hockey-players.jpg.0cd68437ea3ac453bb40a7492e24cdc2.jpg

The most memorable things about Tiger that come to mind was that I was in LA and my brother and I went to see them play the Kings. Well, it was the third period of a rather uninspired performance and Tiger decided to get the boys into the game by challenging anybody on the King’s bench or in the stands that might want to go. So he got something going alright and got the refs pissed because he was keeping hem up after their bed time - so they threw the book at him and he in turn threw the chairs in the penalty box onto the ice. 

Then there was the Vancouver scribe who, in describing Willian’s pugnacious nature and its consequences, said the Tiger had a face flat enough to bite a wall. Don’t think I’ll ever forget that most apt description.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

The most memorable things about Tiger that come to mind was that I was in LA and my brother and I went to see them play the Kings. Well, it was the third period of a rather uninspired performance and Tiger decided to get the boys into the game by challenging anybody on the King’s bench or in the stands that might want to go. So he got something going alright and got the refs pissed because he was keeping hem up after their bed time - so they threw the book at him and he in turn threw the chairs in the penalty box onto the ice. 

Then there was the Vancouver scribe who, in describing Willian’s pugnacious nature and its consequences, said the Tiger had a face flat enough to bite a wall. Don’t think I’ll ever forget that most apt description.

Great story, thanks for sharing.

At the Coliseum when he came over the boards you would see fans beginning to lean forward in their seats with anticipation. As a youngster in those days  fighting was equally as important as the score sheet.

• Like 1