The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

over estimating?

I'm predicting him to have his worst NFL season as a Full-Time starter and I'm overestimating? Considering his Statistical Average over 16 games is around 70 Receptions and 1100 Yds and 7 TD's, my prediction of 55 Rec 750 Yds and 5TD's is anything but. I view mine as a safe prediction.

Found This, A little old But Whatever eh.

With the NFL's opening weekend still a good three months away, it may seem a bit premature to put out our first NFL Power Rankings of the 2007 season in June. Training camp, the preseason, and about 300 previews praising the 49ers as "This year's Saints" haven't even begun yet.

Then again, after an off-season packed with player movement, coaching changes, and more disciplinary issues than a fifth grade class — we might as well sort things out the best we possibly can. If the NFL season were to start today, here would be our NFL Power Rankings. Agree or disagree, let us know how you feel.

6. Seattle Seahawks — No one's talking about the Seahawks. But consider this — with a banged-up Matt Hasselbeck, a banged-up Shaun Alexander, and a beaten on defense, the Seahawks still won the NFC West and came a few plays in overtime short of the NFC championship game. From all accounts out of Seattle, both Hasselbeck and Alexander are 100 percent healthy and ready to go. The team also upgraded on the defensive line by bringing in Patrick Kerney and at safety with Deon Grant. They also scooped up some valuable defensive pieces in Josh Wilson and Brandon Mebane through the draft. Does losing Darrell Jackson hurt? With a bunch of young wide receivers looking to get touches, not as much as you'd think. The NFC West will be better this season than it's been in years past — but Seattle should still come out on top. After all, Shaun Alexander's off that Madden cover.

12. San Francisco 49ers — FOXSports.com columnist Adam Schein is currently on his honeymoon in Hawaii, yet I can still hear him screaming, "We're rolling with Nolan!" from here in New York. Get on the 49ers bandwagon now before it's too late, folks. It's almost full. No one's as high on the Niners for 2007 as Schein, but I'm close. San Fran cleaned up this off-season, bringing in veteran performers (Nate Clements, Tully Banta-Cain, Darrell Jackson) as well as star rookies (Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Jason Hill). The real reason for the No. 12 ranking? The "Big Three" — Alex Smith, Frank Gore, and Vernon Davis. With all three healthy and ready to bust onto the scene, there's reason for great optimism. Can Smith work his magic without Norv Turner guiding him? My gut says yes. Expect a playoff-bound, possible Pro Bowl season out of the third-year signal caller. And a whole lot of preseason hype.

yeah it was also see the jets round out in the top 10. pretty good i think.

id have to agree with you on your prediction for the west. i think the seahawks are starting to slip as the top dogs in the west, lot more challenge now with arizona having a decent team as well as the niners. and dont forget the rams. its kind of a stretch, but it is possible that the seahawks could come LAST in the division. it most likely wont happen, but if the niners play football theyre capable of, the rams take old form, and the cardinals step up and play properly it is possible. their defense is getting much better and their offense is near great.

yeah it was also see the jets round out in the top 10. pretty good i think.

id have to agree with you on your prediction for the west. i think the seahawks are starting to slip as the top dogs in the west, lot more challenge now with arizona having a decent team as well as the niners. and dont forget the rams. its kind of a stretch, but it is possible that the seahawks could come LAST in the division. it most likely wont happen, but if the niners play football theyre capable of, the rams take old form, and the cardinals step up and play properly it is possible. their defense is getting much better and their offense is near great.

Yea, it's tough being a lifetime Detroit Tigers (except 84 and the last 2 years) and Lions fan. My two favorite teams of alltime that suck so damn bad it's not even funny.

Now kitna comes out and says something like that to make it worse when they only win 3 games again??? Well, they did get a wide receiver AGAIN with their first pick. I'm sure they'll find a way to use him to protect the QB who can't even get 2 seconds to look over the field in a 7-step drop.

Archived