The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

If Cain Velasquez beats Shane Carwin at UFC 104, I could see him getting a title shot. He is only 6'1 240lbs, but is super strong and showed in the Kongo fight that he has one heck of a chin.

Velasquez is gonna get rocked by Carwin IMO, hes got equal striking to Kongo but has a mxuh stronger wreslting base and I think Velasquez will have a harder time keeping it on the ground this time around.

I'd rather see Anderson Silva move up a divison and face Lyoto Machida than see Silva/GSP.

I agree

Silva and GSP is a dumb fight, Silva is a bigger man (6'2 vs 5'10) and should be fighting at Light Heavyweight regardless. Going up to fight Griffin is easy for him in terms of the size/weight issues.

GSP going up to fight Silva is much bigger jump and it would be very hard for him to win, despite being the more talented fighter.

Velasquez is gonna get rocked by Carwin IMO, hes got equal striking to Kongo but has a mxuh stronger wreslting base and I think Velasquez will have a harder time keeping it on the ground this time around.

The winner of that fight, regardless of who it is, will probably fight Lesnar.

All you people who say Brock is a freak of nature and all this b*llcrap, Saying he could destory Fedor is retarded and just started watching MMA.. Fedor vs Brock would be great. Fedor took down Andrei Arlovski in no time at all. Hes totally on another level of UFC fighters. So do your research before you speak nonsence ty

This UFC was pretty lame considering the hype, none of the matches were really competitive other than Akiyama-Belcher. One good bout out of 5 televised fights is weaksauce, especially since these matchups are more or less hand picked. IMO the sooner the UFC gets some real competiton in the MMA world the better.

I'd rather see Anderson Silva move up a divison and face Lyoto Machida than see Silva/GSP.

there on the same fighting team and never would fight eachother... <_<

This UFC was pretty lame considering the hype, none of the matches were really competitive other than Akiyama-Belcher. One good bout out of 5 televised fights is weaksauce, especially since these matchups are more or less hand picked. IMO the sooner the UFC gets some real competiton in the MMA world the better.

the ufc did all it could, the hype and storylines were all there , henderson vs bitchsping was a good fight, gsp mawling was good considering the cdn aspect, and the mir lesnar fight was expected, there will probably be another match to complete the trilogy.

GSP going up to fight Silva is much bigger jump and it would be very hard for him to win, despite being the more talented fighter.

The UFC isn't going to want GSP to ruin Silva's money making abilities after he annihilates him with an easy ground-filled victory. Maybe later in their careers but not now.

im pretty new to ufc, but i thought that this card was entertaining and worth the $. awesome to see GSP cement himself as one of the best pound-for-pound mma fighters in the world, and great to see henderson quieting his critics with a big right hand (actually 2). lesnar is an absolute beast and i don't see anyone in the ufc taking his belt from him anytime soon. and a message to everyone who is getting all wound up over his comments and actions after the fight: chill. he is from the entertainment business and that is what he does best. his comments were hilarious. fedor is the only guy that can challenge him (by the sounds of it) so dana really needs to get a deal sorted out. i wanna see someone who actually gives this guy a substantial challenge. btw, did anyone watch sportsnet connected after ufc 100???? one of the sportscasters said something about the ufc working on a deal to stage a ufc event here in vancouver for next june!!! according to the ufc: canada has the most mma fans out of any country in the world (including the US)! that would be insane if it's true, but last i heard vancouver was still not sanctioned to host a ufc event. does anyone have more info on this?

im pretty new to ufc, but i thought that this card was entertaining and worth the $. awesome to see GSP cement himself as one of the best pound-for-pound mma fighters in the world, and great to see henderson quieting his critics with a big right hand (actually 2). lesnar is an absolute beast and i don't see anyone in the ufc taking his belt from him anytime soon. and a message to everyone who is getting all wound up over his comments and actions after the fight: chill. he is from the entertainment business and that is what he does best. his comments were hilarious. fedor is the only guy that can challenge him (by the sounds of it) so dana really needs to get a deal sorted out. i wanna see someone who actually gives this guy a substantial challenge. btw, did anyone watch sportsnet connected after ufc 100???? one of the sportscasters said something about the ufc working on a deal to stage a ufc event here in vancouver for next june!!! according to the ufc: canada has the most mma fans out of any country in the world (including the US)! that would be insane if it's true, but last i heard vancouver was still not sanctioned to host a ufc event. does anyone have more info on this?

Challenge him? More like beat the living sh!t out of him.

P4P

1. Fedor/Gsp

Edited by Hodgson19Naslund

Vancouver can't host an event because of some stupid rule but after the Olympics I think they'll have no choice since MMA PPV brings in SO much income plus there's so many petitions with crap load of sigs being tossed around (I've signed at least ... 8 or so)