The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

he didnt play tonight does anyone know if he is hurt

With their playoff position having been firmly established, star Sea Dogs players such as Yann Sauvé and Michael Kirkpatrick were rested on Sunday in anticipation of the impending post-season.

From the Sea Dogs Site.

Would still like to see his offensive game jump to another level next year, it's improving a bit too slowly for my liking.

I am sure his other areas are improving nicely though.

your patience has an expiry date of 8 months?

From the Sea Dogs Site.

ahh good news thank you, i wonder why they did not rest depres

Holy crap, I didn't think the Sea Dogs would make the playoffs......didn't they trade away Della Rovere and somebody else in anticipation of a sharty season?

Della Rovere plays in the O for Barrie...

ahh good news thank you, i wonder why they did not rest depres

Della Rovere plays in the O for Barrie...

Tristan Grant and Chris DiDomenico were traded.....The SeaDogs are a fairly new franchise, they knew they werent going to go far so they traded some of their guys for future assets.

Possibly a strong run next year with Sauve as an overager and a further developed season from Depres.

I think they are trying for a run for 2 years from now.

Sauve is a solid 2-way defenseman folks....to expect him to light up the league is too much pressure. I see him as a bigger Matthias Ohlund able to contribute offensively and solid defensively.

Not to mention he likes to throw his body around in the open ice.

I'm eager to see what he can bring to the table.

As a defenseman who was drafted 1st overall in the Q draft, there's has to be a lot to be said about him. Although his development hasn't taken off like it was hoped, there's still a lot of potential there.

By the sounds of it, TSN is really pumping up his game - but by other reports, I'd say he's not what they think. From what I've read, he seems to be along the lines of a Shane O'Brien/Kevin Bieksa (when drafted) type of defenseman. Tough, loves to hit decent at clearing the net, good heavy shot, confident, not the most gifted offensive defenseman (although, he seems to think there's plenty of room for development there) and not the best at making decisions

TSN says that he'll be an achor to the Canucks' defense, but from other reports, I say he'll be a 3-5 defenseman.

Archived