The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yann Sauve Talk

Hodgson 91

Gillis dumped all over the kid and many people bought the talk. Most people forget that Gillis was building himself up by tearing down the kid. I heard no bad things against Hodgson till after Gillis opened his yap. Then it was dogpile time.

And yet the same thing is happening to Hodgson in Buffalo. Getting little ice time, spending time in the pressbox, and having the coach question his work ethic.

But no, it can't be a flaw with him, it has to be that evil dictator Gillis who destroyed this kids promising career. <_<

Just taking a peak at our Gillis era draft choices.

lul

He had a habit of picking up guys who fell in the draft. Instead of thinking 'Oh we will fix them.' he probably should have just picked a player who was not trending downward, because you want prospects to trend the other way.

Anthony Duclair says hi.

Hodgson is a good player, he was a good player with us but he just has a terrible team around him. No skill on Buffalo.

Yet Ennis, Foligno, and Girgenson seem to have no troubles scoring. Even Ristolainen has more points than Hodgson. They are all on the same team and all under 27. Why is it that Hodgson is only doing bad because of his teammates while the rest of them seem to not have that issue

Yet Ennis, Foligno, and Girgenson seem to have no troubles scoring. Even Ristolainen has more points than Hodgson. They are all on the same team and all under 27. Why is it that Hodgson is only doing bad because of his teammates while the rest of them seem to not have that issue

Probably because Hodgson doesn't play with good linemates. He's been with Stewart, Grigorenko, Deslauriers and Reinhart early in the season. Ennis, Grigensions, Moulson, Stafford all play on different lines.

Good lord, I came here to whine and bitch about people talking about a player long gone, but now I see that, no, people don't care about Sauve at all. They're just here to... talk about... Hodgson...?

Was just going to say the same thing.

Is it seriously this bad that you have to bump THIS players thread?

Seriously (and this will be damned low) but if you wanted to talk about a player long gone I am sure we have a thread that used to belong to a deceased defensive prospect you can borrow

Good lord, I came here to whine and bitch about people talking about a player long gone, but now I see that, no, people don't care about Sauve at all. They're just here to... talk about... Hodgson...?

If you had followed the conversation it was actually about Sauve's hockey IQ.

Someone brought up Hodgson's hockey IQ.

It's only people who feel the need to endlessly defend Hodgson that keep these conversations going.

If you had followed the conversation it was actually about Sauve's hockey IQ.

Someone brought up Hodgson's hockey IQ.

It's only people who feel the need to endlessly defend Hodgson that keep these conversations going.

It doesn't matter to me how the conversation started. My "complaint/whining" was that a Cody Hodgson conversation in "Yann Sauve Talk", of all places, was taking place at all.

It doesn't matter to me how the conversation started. My "complaint/whining" was that a Cody Hodgson conversation in "Yann Sauve Talk", of all places, was taking place at all.

People are always gonna bring up other players as comparison.

I don't know why some people are so sensitive whenever Hodgson is brought up. He was a player we drafted, and is going to be talked about when the subject of Canucks drafting comes up.

Archived