• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:15 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

LOLOLOLOLOL

LOL

Ripper and Shredder
MG!! PLAY GRABNER AND HANSEN FOR NEXT SEASON!
GOOD LUCK NASLUND IN NEW YORK!
SEDINS PWN !

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GE0vVA3uXAg[/b]

#122 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:17 AM

His shot. Nuff said.

Posted Image
Formerly Hockeyfans101/Lapierre's Gawk

Thank you for the badass sig, Insom-

#123 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:29 AM

Why size no longer matters:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/app

5 - Zach Parise - 45-49-94
13 - Mike Camalleri - 39-43-82
16 - Martin St Louis - 30-50-80
40 - Patrick Kane - 25-45-70

The list goes on.

Size will not stop this kid, if you have a chance to, watch some of the WJC and tell me you would project him to go 22nd overall.

Posted Image
Formerly Hockeyfans101/Lapierre's Gawk

Thank you for the badass sig, Insom-

#124 Creed Bratton

Creed Bratton

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

What's the big deal with Shroeder's size?

I mean, hasn't the classic tale of a kid thought to be too small, then drafted late, and then becoming an amazing hockey player been told for decades?
sigs are lame.

#125 TRIPP3D

TRIPP3D

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:14 AM

LOL

Ripper and Shredder

This experiment must be done.

#126 Totes McGoats

Totes McGoats

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:24 AM

Just out of curiosity, is this kid locked up by Minni for a long time?

How many years are we to expect him to be there?

Perhaps him and Pat White might make some waves next year. Since White hasn't done well because he's a "freshman" or whatever bull we're saying this week. lol

Schroeder is a prime example as to why Pat White is most likely a bust.

But I suppose only time will tell.

Edited by WillMit, 27 June 2009 - 01:26 AM.

Posted Image

Schroeder

#127 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 01:50 AM

Just out of curiosity, is this kid locked up by Minni for a long time?

How many years are we to expect him to be there?

Perhaps him and Pat White might make some waves next year. Since White hasn't done well because he's a "freshman" or whatever bull we're saying this week. lol

He will 99% to stay in the NCAA for another year because he can't join the training camp for the canucks without giving up his eligiblity of playing in the NCAA. He can't join the moose due to his age, so there is no point to risk him to join the training camp in this summer.

Even tho i think he is sort of NHL ready, it's not worth it to give up the NCAA right now just to test the water with the Canucks.

also, no, he does not make White look bad. In the top 50 scoring in the NCAA, Schroeder is the only freshman (he's at number 4). This kid is special, he's not even suppose to be draft that late. White on the other hand, is probably doing what most late 20th picks did in the past: developing. 

White doesn't fail as a 25th pick, not until he finishes college and show us what he got with either the moose or the nucks. It is just that Schroeder doesn't belong to the 20th+ draft

#128 NorthVan Canuck

NorthVan Canuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:32 AM

I'm so excited about what this team can look like in 5 years. Now if only we trade up and draft Elliot....

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kesler-Shroeder-Shirokov
Raymond-Hodgson-Grabner
Rypien-White-Hansen

Edler-Bieksa
Sauve-Ellington
O'Brien-Rahimi

Luongo
Schneider/*insert random backup

This has got to be the first time we've had so much talent in the system :D Hodgson...Shroeder...Shirokov...Grabner...Schneider

#129 Maritz

Maritz

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:49 AM

Just got home, pretty excited/surprised by the pick.

The biggest surprise among the upper-body strength measurements was University of Minnesota center Jordan Schroeder. Despite measuring in at 5-8.25 and 175 pounds, he did 17 repetitions of 150 pounds on the bench press, one fewer than the leaders -- Saginaw right wing Jordan Szwarz, Erie center Ryan O'Reilly and Swedish forward Carl Klingberg. Schroeder also generated 351 pounds on the push-strength measure, one pound less than leader Carter Ashton of the Lethbridge Hurricanes.

-
From the Combine

Good luck on your road to playing in the NHL Jordan

Thanks to marleau_12 for the sig

#130 2 Sedins 1 cup

2 Sedins 1 cup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:53 AM

EVERYTHING went right tonight! Luongo made the pick. We get a STEAL. Hockey gods are finally shinning on us. THANK YOU
Posted Image
rk17

Quote me on this. The Flames will win their Second Stanley Cup before the Canucks win their first. :P

Sometimes people shouldn't have their opinions heard.

Led Zeppelin is overrated.

#131 Azlar

Azlar

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:05 AM

Sorry if this has been mentioned but is Jordan Schroeder on the same team Patrick White is? If so.. wow Pat White is behind in development..

#132 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:10 AM

Sorry if this has been mentioned but is Jordan Schroeder on the same team Patrick White is? If so.. wow Pat White is behind in development..

why? one is a 25th pick project in a not so deep drafting pool. Another one is a supposingly top10-15th draft pick in a really deep pool. 

White was never projected to be a first liner, or a superstar. Schroeder on the other hand, is a potential 80-90 points first liner player. You can't compare White's development to Schroeder and say White sux.....because Schroeder is suppose to be better than white in almost any aspect.

#133 Andorynn

Andorynn

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:37 AM

In this video you can see a bit of Schroeder's handywork as well as other potential draft choices (like Tatar)... Enjoy!

#134 Verloren

Verloren

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

07 was a weaker draft year. Had White been draft eligible and the same age as Schroeder (meaning he goes this year), he'd end up as a 2nd-3rd round pick, not a 1st rounder.

#135 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

I just posted this in another thread, but figured I better drop the line here as well...

The thing people keep forgetting to notice is that Jordan should have been a senior in high school this past season. That means he was playing against college kids (who are bigger and older) and still put up top numbers.

You won't have to wait long to see him, I'm guessing he'll return to the Univ of MN this season and then leave for the NHL because he seems to want to advance to the next level ASAP. He left HS after his 9th grade year to play in the US development team, he graduated HS early so he could play college hockey sooner... give him one year and he's in the NHL lighting it up! Depending on who you sign in FA, the Nucks could become a sick team in a very short time now.

man that's going to suck as a Wild fan :P

#136 Hafizzle

Hafizzle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:34 AM

Just got home, pretty excited/surprised by the pick.

-
From the Combine

Good luck on your road to playing in the NHL Jordan

Exactly. This is one of the reasons why I don't think his lack of size will be an issue. He is one strong guy.

#137 neerlynormal

neerlynormal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

He will 99% to stay in the NCAA for another year because he can't join the training camp for the canucks without giving up his eligiblity of playing in the NCAA. He can't join the moose due to his age, so there is no point to risk him to join the training camp in this summer.

Ummm. Wrong. Age has nothing to with playing in the AHL, at least when you're 18. Haven't you people learned this yet? I read that Everett owns his rights, and that would be the reason he can't play for the Moose. An agreement between the CHL(?) and AHL to keep talent from leaving too early. Wetcoaster will be able to tell you the rule.

Edited by neerlynormal, 27 June 2009 - 07:38 PM.

#138 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

A Jordan Schroeder sighting (updated)

Posted at 7:15 pm by Nick Patterson

The Silvertips are keeping a close eye on their own players at this year's NHL draft, which takes place tonight and tomorrow in Montreal. However, there's one other player worth keeping an eye on: Jordan Schroeder.

Schroeder, a late birthdate 1990, is a high-scoring center from the University of Minnesota who is expected to be a lottery pick tonight. He also happens to be on Everett's protected list.

And I was told today by Everett general manager Doug Soetaert, who is in Montreal for the draft, that he just had his first face-to-face meeting with Schroeder. It was nothing formal, more a greeting than anything else, so Everett fans shouldn't get their hopes up. However, both parties have now put faces to voices heard over the phone.

It's still a longshot for the Tips to end up with Schroeder. Even if Schroeder decides to sign immediately with the team that drafts him, there's a chance he'll be able to jump straight to the NHL as a 19-year-old. But if he's picked by the right team (from an Everett standpoint), signs and is deemed not quite ready for the NHL, Everett will be the destination. Having Craig Hartsburg in place as coach certainly doesn't hurt Everett's attractiveness to potential recruits, either. So who knows, maybe there's glimmer of hope for the Tips.

But there was a glimmer of hope with Kyle Okposo, too, and that never panned out. Nevertheless, it's still fun to speculate.

--- UPDATE, 7:15 p.m.

Schroeder just went 22nd overall to the Vancouver Canucks. I have no idea whether the Canucks are an organization that favors major junior or not. But I do know they'd have a heck of a shorter trip to see him playing in Everett than in Minnesota. ... [Read More]

http://www.heraldnet.../section/BLOG12

Very very interesting, Schroeder to the Silvertips if he doens't make the canucks?
Posted Image

#139 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

http://www.heraldnet.../section/BLOG12

Very very interesting, Schroeder to the Silvertips if he doens't make the canucks?

I hope not. I'd much rather Schroeder go play in the NCAA with men. It's his strength that needs help and playing with 20+ year old players will surely hope. Dominating the WHL will be too easy for Schroeder.

#140 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

It would be incredibly unfair to say that White sucks.

Anyone in the 1st-3rd rounds, hypothetically speaking, would have been considered a top 10 pick in 2007. Can't compare a deep draft to a crap shoot draft.

Edited by Rey, 27 June 2009 - 07:42 PM.

#141 Cody_Hodgson

Cody_Hodgson

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

Zach Boychuk II. :lol:

Don't like short kids guys? He is our man whether you like it or not.

Same type of "off the charts" physical shape that Zach Boychuk showed in his combines. Speed, skill and not a lot of altitude in terms of height. Other than that, this is a dynamic player. Personally, I had him around 8 in my 2009 NHL Entry Draft rankings. Well, we really stole this player BIG TIME.

Patrick White, you better put a whole lot ton of pressure on yourself to live up to expectations (get into the NHL)!!!

Michael Grabner, Cody Hodgson, Zach Boychuk II (Jordan Schroeder) what a speedy, skilled, international, character group of future top-6.

~Brand New~ Personal NHL Blog hosted by Toddlund (NJD) and Jofu (Canucks, Flames) and Many many more:
http://nhltalk202.webs.com/. ~Looking for new NHL team bloggers

#142 Fat Alberts

Fat Alberts

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

5'8 is pretty short. He better not be done growing.

Posted Image

IMO the green men should accentuate their bulge so the opposing team is not only humiliated but intimidated.

#143 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

5'8 is pretty short. He better not be done growing.

If he grows a couple inches. He would become the steal of the decade.

Just a couple inches taller and he would have gotten top 5 consideration, top 10 for sure.

#144 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:46 PM

Zach Boychuk II. :lol:

Don't like short kids guys? He is our man whether you like it or not.

Same type of "off the charts" physical shape that Zach Boychuk showed in his combines. Speed, skill and not a lot of altitude in terms of height. Other than that, this is a dynamic player. Personally, I had him around 8 in my 2009 NHL Entry Draft rankings. Well, we really stole this player BIG TIME.

Patrick White, you better put a whole lot ton of pressure on yourself to live up to expectations (get into the NHL)!!!

Michael Grabner, Cody Hodgson, Zach Boychuk II (Jordan Schroeder) what a speedy, skilled, international, character group of future top-6.

Jordan Schroeder will be a better player than Zach Boychuk. Mark my word.

The player closer to Zach Boychuk in this draft is Toni Rajala.

Edited by Rey, 27 June 2009 - 07:49 PM.

#145 fdevji

fdevji

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but journalist Gare Joyce, who also wrote the book Future Greats and Heartbreaks has this to say about Schroeder and the reason he fell to 22:

"Asked what his weaknesses were, he said he didn't have any. Said he couldn't really think of anything he needed to work on. Straight-faced.
Asked who was going to be on his line at UMinn next season, he said that he had already told the coach who he'd play with.
He was critical of team-mates and coaches and blamed the U.S.'s failure to win at the under-20s on everyone else except himself.
Those are just a few examples. I could go on but won't. If you don't get the idea, then you never will."

LINK: http://hfboards.com/...ce#post20113837

Joyce says these were Schroeder's comments in one of his combine interviews. He's usually a very reliable journalist, but I find it somewhat hard to believe that the Canucks, who have been preaching the character types, would draft Schroeder if he apparently is that full of himself. I've already talked to some people close to Schroeder and will continue to do some digging, so stay tuned for that information.
Recent article: Rodin's big change

Upcoming article(s): TBA

Farhan Devji is the author of The Hockey Farmer, and a freelance
journalist. Check out www.farhandevji.com for more information and
follow him on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news and opinion.

#146 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but journalist Gare Joyce, who also wrote the book Future Greats and Heartbreaks has this to say about Schroeder and the reason he fell to 22:

"Asked what his weaknesses were, he said he didn't have any. Said he couldn't really think of anything he needed to work on. Straight-faced.
Asked who was going to be on his line at UMinn next season, he said that he had already told the coach who he'd play with.
He was critical of team-mates and coaches and blamed the U.S.'s failure to win at the under-20s on everyone else except himself.
Those are just a few examples. I could go on but won't. If you don't get the idea, then you never will."

LINK: http://hfboards.com/...ce#post20113837

Joyce says these were Schroeder's comments in one of his combine interviews. He's usually a very reliable journalist, but I find it somewhat hard to believe that the Canucks, who have been preaching the character types, would draft Schroeder if he apparently is that full of himself. I've already talked to some people close to Schroeder and will continue to do some digging, so stay tuned for that information.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of Confidence.

#147 fdevji

fdevji

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

There's nothing wrong with a bit of Confidence.

Never said there was. But if what Gare says is actually true (I'm not saying it is), that's a little bit more than confidence.

Again, I'm working to get some more information. Will let you guys know what I find.
Recent article: Rodin's big change

Upcoming article(s): TBA

Farhan Devji is the author of The Hockey Farmer, and a freelance
journalist. Check out www.farhandevji.com for more information and
follow him on Twitter for up-to-the-minute news and opinion.

#148 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

Never said there was. But if what Gare says is actually true (I'm not saying it is), that's a little bit more than confidence.

Again, I'm working to get some more information. Will let you guys know what I find.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to it. He's a 17 year old who is highly regarded. He's young. Pavel Bure always said that he believed he was the best player in the world. Malkin/Ovechkin all say in interview that they believe that they are the best players in the game. It's just competitive nature. They aren't taught to speak to the media at a young age.

#149 Relentless

Relentless

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to it. He's a 17 year old who is highly regarded. He's young. Pavel Bure always said that he believed he was the best player in the world. Malkin/Ovechkin all say in interview that they believe that they are the best players in the game. It's just competitive nature. They aren't taught to speak to the media at a young age.

Exactly. In time, he will mature as a person and I doubt that Gillis would take him if his personality was a major issue. I am still convinced he fell mainly because of his size.

Edited by Relentless, 27 June 2009 - 08:32 PM.

#150 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

I think Size is the major factor. Many have said that Schroeder looked 5'7....

Edited by Rey, 27 June 2009 - 08:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.