The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PIJHL

PowerIce

Finals start tomorrow in Abby (Sockeyes home games in bold)

Finals Sched

GAME 1 MAR. 18 FRIDAY 7:30 PM MSA

GAME 2 MAR. 19 SATURDAY 5:45 PM MINORU

GAME 3 MAR. 21 MONDAY 7:30 PM MINORU

GAME 4 MAR . 22 TUESDAY 7:00 PM MSA

IF NEEDED

GAME 5 MAR. 24 THURSDAY 7:30 PM MINORU

GAME 6 MAR. 25 FRIDAY 7:30 PM MSA

GAME 7 MAR. 27 SUNDAY 5:45 PM MINORU

Finals start tomorrow in Abby (Sockeyes home games in bold)

Finals Sched

GAME 1 MAR. 18 FRIDAY 7:30 PM MSA

GAME 2 MAR. 19 SATURDAY 5:45 PM MINORU

GAME 3 MAR. 21 MONDAY 7:30 PM MINORU

GAME 4 MAR . 22 TUESDAY 7:00 PM MSA

IF NEEDED

GAME 5 MAR. 24 THURSDAY 7:30 PM MINORU

GAME 6 MAR. 25 FRIDAY 7:30 PM MSA

GAME 7 MAR. 27 SUNDAY 5:45 PM MINORU

Interesting...

Abbotsford doesn't get 2 straight home games.

No, the PIJHL is weird that way. Where as the KIJHL are the more traditional NHL 2-2-1-1-1.

But then the VIJHL has best of 5 until the finals and then it is best of 7.

How does PIJHL overtime work in the playoffs? I went to a game and they had regulation time, 5 minute intermission, 10 minute overtime, 15 minute intermission and then 20 minute overtime, but Delta scored in the first 20 minute. Just curious, would it have continued as 20 minute periods, 15 minute intermissions ?

In for a roadie out to Fernie for the Cyclone Taylor Cup? BC Junior B Championships baby! Winner goes onto the Keystone Cup for Western Canada.

Fernie isn't in the KIJHL Final though. They beat Creston in the Eddie Mountain Semi in 7 games but Creston put a beatin on them. I know my nephew got a good whack on Thomas Abenante. And then they lost to Castlegar in the Conf. Finals.

Anyone going to the Sockeyes game on Monday, look for the 6'1" guy wearing the Creston Thundercats #20 Pacheco jersey. It looks like the Canucks jersey from the early 2000's. Come say hi. I hang out behind the benches. Richmond was getting close to 500 fans out against Delta. That is HUGE in the PIJHL. The fans are vocal and ready to cheer. Fair warning...their goal song is Chelsea Dagger...but it sounds way better when "The Fish" score.

Sockeyes win 4-2 to take a 3-0 series win. Richmond owned the 1st. Abby seemed to regroup for the 2nd but neither team pushed the issue too hard. Then in the 3rd a bunch of penalties and Abby made is 3-2. Sockeyes goalie Oakley gets an assist on the empty net goal.

One of the highlights of the night was a Pilots player getting called for diving with 3:29 to go and while standing in the box waving a white towel. In a way he is kinda lucky he didn't get an unsportsmanlike call too.

Game 4 goes tomorrow in Abby.

Sockeyes win 4-2 to take a 3-0 series win. Richmond owned the 1st. Abby seemed to regroup for the 2nd but neither team pushed the issue too hard. Then in the 3rd a bunch of penalties and Abby made is 3-2. Sockeyes goalie Oakley gets an assist on the empty net goal.

One of the highlights of the night was a Pilots player getting called for diving with 3:29 to go and while standing in the box waving a white towel. In a way he is kinda lucky he didn't get an unsportsmanlike call too.

Game 4 goes tomorrow in Abby.

A close 2nd would be the pilots goalie removing his helmet and yelling at the ref while play was in Richmond's end. I believe this happened just after the empty netter.

Yeah that was pretty funny too.

I mean even if you disagree with the diving call, it really had no bearing on the outcome up to that point. the Pilots just didn't push hard enough. They made it interesting with that 3-2 goal but over a whole 60mins didn't seem to be too willing to work.

Archived