The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

Well, I sat down with her and had a long talk last night, I never really though about it being selfish (that's why it's good to get a third party opinion) and I explained my feelings towards marriage and all, anyway long story short she's ok with it saying she's in no hurry to get married and I might change my mind in the future or if not it's no big deal as long as we love each other.

Thanks avelanch, that's twice you've help this relationship! You're a love guru!

Have you ever considered starting a relationship advise thread?

glad I could help! I like to think that this thread couls serve that premise quite nicely. I'm more than willing to help in any area I can.

Umm.. what's the going rate for a Russian bride?...

The answer is like answering how much it cost to buy a car. It depends a lot on what you are willing and able to spend.

First, it is a good decision to have a professional marriage broker handle the communications. Even between two people who speak the same language, oftentimes English, the differences in customs can lead to misunderstandings and destroy a potential relationship. So, if you are serious about a mail order bride, part of the cost is going to be a translator to help you bridge both the cultural and communication gap. If your translator has previously lived in the your country, she/he will be much better because there will be an understanding of both cultures. Cost is usually 4-8 dollars per letter. When visiting a country, a translator costs approximately $8-15 per hour. Spending money for a translator is money well spent.

Second, in the United States, immigration laws require at least one face-to-face meeting for mail order brides to get a K-1 Fiancee VISA, so you will need to travel to her country. Air fare fluctuates and depends on several factors, $1000 or more for a round trip is not uncommon.

Cost of accommodations while in her country also vary, so you should ask your translator about what is available. It is possible that the translator will assist you in finding affordable accommodations for your budget.

You will also need spending money. There is no guarantee that credit cards will be accepted, so you should take cash or Traveler's Checks. (Make sure there is a place to cash them.) Taking $200 per day should be more than enough.

Third, once you have found your mail order bride, you will need to file a K-1 Fiancee VISA application with Homeland Security/Immigration and Naturalization Service. The cost to file is approximately $450.00, but there are a number of documents which you may need your translator to translate and that will be an extra cost. It cost one man $250.00 for this service.

Once immigration approves your K-1 status, your fiancee may need to travel for her interview with the American Consulate and to get a physical from the designated consulates medical doctor. Plan on that costing another $1,000 for travel, related and actual cost.

In addition, if you trust your translator follow her advise. There will be times that she will tell you to pay something or do something that your instinct may say not to, but you will just need to trust the translator. One example is when the fiancee wanted the man to pay for her text messaging him. It seemed to be the beginning of "the scam," but the translator explained that text messaging was costing the fiancee 20 cents per message and it was unreasonable to expect her to pay $20 per month in text messages when she only earned $250.00 per month from her salary.

Finally, there are elective costs. One situation was when the woman's teeth were in poor condition.a cost that I had but you may not is my wifes teeth were in terrible condition and the man elected to pay the cost of the dentist before she left the country. The cost was $1,500, but in the United States it would have cost $10,000.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_a_mail_order_bride_cost#ixzz26I7e5pau

Guest Gumballthechewy

Holy gee whiz!!

I was just messing around, but thanks for the detailed info!

Now feel bad for asking, you must have spent a bit of time putting this together...

Holy gee whiz!!

I was just messing around, but thanks for the detailed info!

Now feel bad for asking, you must have spent a bit of time putting this together...

google, plus copy and paste is no time at all...

i mean, yes, I only do the most thorough of jobs. I take this thread very seriously.

Can someones two cents sometimes provide too much sense?

Was that sort of wordplay?

yes, they can rub the 2 cents together to make a noise, reflect light into your eyes, put one in your mouth to taste it, and one in your nose to smell it, and then throw it at you to provide the full sensory overload.

Whats your opinion of me?

attention seeking

Why do Kamakazee pilots wear Helmets?

If a turtle loses its shell, is it considered naked or homeless?

they wear helmets to ensure they don't get shot en-route to their final destination. if they get hit and just fall out of the sky they failed their mission.

and a naked turtle is a dead turtle.

Why didn't Luke just join the darkside?

because it's the dark side. luke's a hero, not a villan. Plus, Ghost Yoda would have beat him senseless.

Archived