The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

What is your opinion on my 5 favourite players (the ones in my sig).

I already know your opionin of Sakic, but feel free to reiterate.

Linden - one of the best exaples of character and heart ever. amazing person and great player. it's a tragedy he never won a cup.

Sakic - My favorite player growing up, great man on and off the ice. I can't say enough about him.

Yzerman - one of the great leaders of his generation. Probably one of the best examples of a captain I could name while growing up.

Iginla - amazing player/great powerforward, underrated, deserves to play for a better team

Neely - traded too soon, great player, horrible actor.

Oh, who are your top five players that you grew up watching or that are playing now.

ohhh good one, this'll be a toughy.

1. Sakic - for reasons previously mentioned

2. Gretzky - best player that ever lived

3. Mario - Second best player that ever lived

4. Patrick Roy - Best Goalie of all time, redefined the position and crafted the prevalent goaltending style in use in the world today.

5. Ray Borque - best defenceman I've ever seen play live, hell of a man.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Great choices! Gretzky, Lemieux and Borque are in my top ten, but I never really saw them play much sadly...

Then again I never really saw Neely play much but my uncle showed me some of his old games on tape and as soon as I saw him play I started to emulate that hard nosed, hard working, gritty style of play, so he earned a spot in my top five.

I also liked Lindros' style of play but I hated his attitude.

Great choices! Gretzky, Lemieux and Borque are in my top ten, but I never really saw them play much sadly...

Then again I never really saw Neely play much but my uncle showed me some of his old games on tape and as soon as I saw him play I started to emulate that hard nosed, hard working, gritty style of play, so he earned a spot in my top five.

I also liked Lindros' style of play but I hated his attitude.

i have to admit, Lindross was kinda a primadonna early in his carrer, but his talent could not be denied, and he grew up/out of that mindset. if the nhl had the same rules then as they do today on dangerous hits, Lindross might have went on to be one of the greatest of all time. it's a shame he had to play in the same division as scott stevens, that man single handedly shortened his career. I'm not faulting stevens, as he was a hell of a player too, and was within the rules of the game at the time, but he would have been suspended nearly every other game if he were to play like that in today's nhl.

Was the selection of your new sig:

a pure concidence: you saw the said image, and decided to select it, so that you could live my shadow?

or

You seeked it out, to again live in my shadow?

i saw the vid, thought it was hilarious, and decided to make the gif as a mockery of you.

No shadow can obscure the brilliance emanating from me.

Guest Gumballthechewy

What does this mean? =\=

I assume it means this, ≠

But I could be wrong, I usually am...

Speaking of being wrong, one more relashinship question:

Me 'n' her were sitting around just chatting and kinda outta no where she was like: "If you could change something you didn't like about me what would it be?" and I replied with: "there's nothing about you I would want to change even the things I don't like about you because that's what make you the person I fell on love with" then she got all crazy on me saying: "so what are you saying!?

I don't love you because there's things I'd like you to change! Why am I selfish? What are you getting at here?" I tried to tell her to calm down and that she was blowing this outta proportion but she told me I was an ass and she hasn't spoken to me since (this happened yesterday).

I don't think I did anything wrong, did I?

What does this mean? =\=

I assume it means this, ≠

But I could be wrong, I usually am...

Speaking of being wrong, one more relashinship question:

Me 'n' her were sitting around just chatting and kinda outta no where she was like: "If you could change something you didn't like about me what would it be?" and I replied with: "there's nothing about you I would want to change even the things I don't like about you because that's what make you the person I fell on love with" then she got all crazy on me saying: "so what are you saying!?

I don't love you because there's things I'd like you to change! Why am I selfish? What are you getting at here?" I tried to tell her to calm down and that she was blowing this outta proportion but she told me I was an ass and she hasn't spoken to me since (this happened yesterday).

I don't think I did anything wrong, did I?

=/= means not equal to, as you thought.

what you did wrong was say there are things you don't like about her. you should have stopped while you were ahead when you said "there's nothing about you I would want to change." the only viable next thing to say after that statement is "you are perfect in my eyes". I'm not sure how you are going to patch this one up, other than reassuring her that she's perfect in your eyes, and that you didn't have anything in mind when you were saying that second statement, it was just something stupid you said while trying to be sweet and that you are VERY sorry. that's what she was looking for when she asked you that question.

Guest Gumballthechewy

=/= means not equal to, as you thought.

what you did wrong was say there are things you don't like about her. you should have stopped while you were ahead when you said "there's nothing about you I would want to change." the only viable next thing to say after that statement is "you are perfect in my eyes". I'm not sure how you are going to patch this one up, other than reassuring her that she's perfect in your eyes, and that you didn't have anything in mind when you were saying that second statement, it was just something stupid you said while trying to be sweet and that you are VERY sorry. that's what she was looking for when she asked you that question.

I'll give it a shot, at least she's talking to me today...

Guest Gumballthechewy

Okay, what the hell? I was trying to apologise but she was acting like nothing really happened. I kept trying to say I was sorry but she kept saying don't worry about it so...

I dunno, I guess I dodge a bullet there but I am really confused.

don't question it, just run with it. hopefully she really didn't get mad, or she came to her own realization that she was overreacting. in all honesty, she probably just repressed it, and she will bring it back up next argument you guys get in, and every other argument for the next 10 years...

Archived