The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I see Alan Hansen is in a spot of bother for using the word "coloured" on Match Of The Day.

What a joke.

you are joking? whats he supposed to say? cant say black, cant say negro, cant say brown......why is it then ok to call me white?

I remember about 12 months ago, me and a some of the lads from work played in a 5 a sides league, in one game I fouled one of their players, I picked him up and he said to me "you dirty Scottish b*stard" and I said "Im going to sue you for racial descrimination" of course, we were joking but people are going to have to be so careful how, what, when, where and to who things are said.

you are joking? whats he supposed to say? cant say black, cant say negro, cant say brown......why is it then ok to call me white?

I remember about 12 months ago, me and a some of the lads from work played in a 5 a sides league, in one game I fouled one of their players, I picked him up and he said to me "you dirty Scottish b*stard" and I said "Im going to sue you for racial descrimination" of course, we were joking but people are going to have to be so careful how, what, when, where and to who things are said.

It's ridiculous. People going crazy at a man for "racist language" used in his comments supporting anti-racism. People are far too easily offended.

Heard about it but this is the first time I've seen it. I don't know what the goalkeeper expected to happen, it was inevitable that he would be sent off.

Did they not postpone the game?

yeah, the az coach called his players off the pitch. I disagree though, I cant see why the keeper got sent off though

Heard about it but this is the first time I've seen it. I don't know what the goalkeeper expected to happen, it was inevitable that he would be sent off.

Did they not postpone the game?

the dutch fa have recinded the red card, english fa, uefa, fifa take note, there is some common sense left in football!!!

Guys thoughts on Clarence Seedorf?

I feel like he's one of the most under rated players of our generation.

Won the CL 4 times with 3 different teams, won the Dutch, Italian and Spanish leagues, and done so so much more all the way up to his current age of 35.

Guys thoughts on Clarence Seedorf?

I feel like he's one of the most under rated players of our generation.

Won the CL 4 times with 3 different teams, won the Dutch, Italian and Spanish leagues, and done so so much more all the way up to his current age of 35.

I've always had a lot of respect for Seedorf. Seems like he's been around forever.

I can't wait. Been looking forward to this for weeks. And I'm not even going. I was offered a ticket but I didn't have enough money at the time.

I hope Celtic will win, but form goes out the window with OF games. I just hope Celtic don't show them too much respect. Rangers are a poor team right now and they should play them like they're one.

Edited by Sc♂ttish⑦Canuck™

I can't wait. Been looking forward to this for weeks. And I'm not even going. I was offered a ticket but I didn't have enough money at the time.

I hope Celtic will win, but form goes out the window with OF games. I just hope Celtic don't show them too much respect. Rangers are a poor team right now and they should play them like they're one.

Im looking forward to it too, I think it has a draw written all over it though. Cant believe the odds, 23/10 the draw, 13/5 Rangers and Celtic 11/10 ON. Rangers record there is quite good of late but I totally agree with you, they are not a good team right now but to be honest Celtic are not much better. The last month or so goes to show how much Rangers miss Naismith.

Should be great entertainment, cant see it being a great game though, I will go 2-2 with both teams finishing with 10 men.

Hope you enjoy it as much as it is possible to enjoy these games!!!!

Yesterdays Premiership, Bale is unplayable when he plays like he did last night and how on earth is Atwell still getting Premiership games? I wouldnt let him ref my kids under 6s games, what a clown

As suspected 2 very poor teams, not much of an advert (again) for Scottish football. Great atmosphere though

The better of the teams won but with the technology that should be in the game, that might not have been the case........I, like Nicholas and Mcann in the Sky Sports studio thought it had hit the post until seeing the replay!!!!