The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Yeah I know what you mean about the Europa League, it's literally like watching AHL hockey compared to the Champions League.

It just lacks the intensity of the CL. I was at the Celtic - Atletico Madrid game tonight, and while the atmosphere was good, and I got to see world class players like Falcao and Diego it just doesn't have that feeling about it that Champions League games do. CL nights at Celtic Park are special. I hope they return next season.

Anyway, back to the draw. That group with England, Ireland, Croatia and the Netherlands would be unbelievable.

It just lacks the intensity of the CL. I was at the Celtic - Atletico Madrid game tonight, and while the atmosphere was good, and I got to see world class players like Falcao and Diego it just doesn't have that feeling about it that Champions League games do. CL nights at Celtic Park are special. I hope they return next season.

Anyway, back to the draw. That group with England, Ireland, Croatia and the Netherlands would be unbelievable.

Yea that would a sweet draw, I just hope England doesn't draw in the same group as Spain or Portugal, shades of the 2006 WC.

Edited by I R Baboon

If England meet Portugal it'll be in the Quarter Finals. And it'll go to penalties. And they'll lose. And Rooney will get sent off. And Ronaldo will be responsible.

:P

It's inevitable.

Lol, speaking of Rooney it will be interesting to see who Capello puts in for the group stage with Rooney being suspended. I would personally like to see Danny Welback inserted in.

Lol, speaking of Rooney it will be interesting to see who Capello puts in for the group stage with Rooney being suspended. I would personally like to see Danny Welback inserted in.

Yeah, what other strikers do they have? Darren Bent? I don't think Carroll is good enough for England to be honest. How Liverpool spent £35 million on him is beyond me...

Yeah, Welbeck might be a decent replacement.

Yeah, what other strikers do they have? Darren Bent? I don't think Carroll is good enough for England to be honest. How Liverpool spent £35 million on him is beyond me...

Yeah, Welbeck might be a decent replacement.

The only others I could think of would be Bent, Dafoe, or Crouch. Crouch always seem's to play well for England.

Also, when I saw Liverpool spent that much for Carroll my jaw literally dropped.

The only others I could think of would be Bent, Dafoe, or Crouch. Crouch always seem's to play well for England.

Also, when I saw Liverpool spent that much for Carroll my jaw literally dropped.

I think everyone is baffled by it. Even David Villa cost less.

I post on a football forum and we always talk about how Gary Hooper, a Celtic player, outscored him in the Championship that season on a far worse team and we bought him for £2 million :lol: 33 million pounds less, for an arguably better finisher.

Newcastle did a great job of pushing his value up, that's for sure. I bet they're loving how much they got for him right now.

I think everyone is baffled by it. Even David Villa cost less.

I post on a football forum and we always talk about how Gary Hooper, a Celtic player, outscored him in the Championship that season on a far worse team and we bought him for £2 million :lol: 33 million pounds less, for an arguably better finisher.

Newcastle did a great job of pushing his value up, that's for sure. I bet they're loving how much they got for him right now.

Lol that's sooooo brutal, like is he even in the starting XI or is he on the bench. Thats probably one of the biggest over-payments I've seen.

Lol that's sooooo brutal, like is he even in the starting XI or is he on the bench. Thats probably one of the biggest over-payments I've seen.

He's on the bench mostly I think. Still, he's young. So he has a bit of time to make an impact.

I'm considering a trip to Munich in April to see Bayern at the Allianz. Anyone been? I've been to Munich before and found it to be awesome. I love Germany and I'd love to go and see a game over there. Either Munich or Dortmund.

He's on the bench mostly I think. Still, he's young. So he has a bit of time to make an impact.

I'm considering a trip to Munich in April to see Bayern at the Allianz. Anyone been? I've been to Munich before and found it to be awesome. I love Germany and I'd love to go and see a game over there. Either Munich or Dortmund.

I've been to both Dortmund and Munich, both beautiful cities and awesome to watch a football match in. I was lucky enough last year to catch the Dortmund vs Bayern game in Allianz and needless to say it was amazing. Also I saw Hannover 96 and Bayern Leverkusen also to beautiful places. But the best place to watch a match (if you don't mind spending a little money) is the Camp Nou to watch El Clásico, absolutely stunning stadium and a crazy match to watch.

I've been to both Dortmund and Munich, both beautiful cities and awesome to watch a football match in. I was lucky enough last year to catch the Dortmund vs Bayern game in Allianz and needless to say it was amazing. Also I saw Hannover 96 and Bayern Leverkusen also to beautiful places. But the best place to watch a match (if you don't mind spending a little money) is the Camp Nou to watch El Clásico, absolutely stunning stadium and a crazy match to watch.

How much did the Bayern - Dortmund tickets set you back (if you don't mind me asking)? And how far in advance did you get them? I don't think that tickets for April are being sold yet.

Edited by Sc♂ttish⑦Canuck™

How much did the Bayern - Dortmund tickets set you back (if you don't mind me asking)? And how far in advance did you get them? I don't think that tickets for April are being sold yet.

Well I have family who live in Munich and for my birthday my cousin took me to the game I think it cost him around £275-300 for the tickets and he got them off a friend who's dad has season tickets.

Edited by I R Baboon

Fear not. They'll be out at the quarters. (again)

watched sky sports last night and they were plotting englands route to the final, one of the presenters said they play their last group game in kiev, will get a good look at the stadium before the final. arrogant pr!ck, i hope they get humped in the group. if the french sort themselves out, the could beat england, ukraine will be tough at home and we all know how much they love playing sweden!!!