The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockeys version of the Miami Heat

the_slowburner

Just read an article at askmen.com about how real men watch hockey. It's an article aimed at Americans who won't have nothing to do now that the NBA will miss the season and how people should switch over to the NHL

The article goes on about why people would enjoy hockey in the NBAs absence and how there's an NHL version of every NBA team. They call the Canucks the NHL version of the heat, saying," They're easy to hate but could easily win a championship"

This got me thinking. Who's our version of the big 3 ?

Who's our Lebron James - That guy with all the talent in the world and the ability to dominate a game when he wants but has a tendency to falter on the biggest stage?

Who's our Dwayne Wade - That smug, cocky bastard who also choked in the biggest games last year but yet seems to escape the media and fan scrutiny because people are too busy picking on Lebron ?

Who's our Chris Bosh - The guy people seem to forget about and not give any props to even though he plays the biggest of the big 3 when the games matter the most ?

I'm going with:

Lebron - Luongo

Wade - The twins

Bosh - Hansen.

What u guys think ?

Yeah.. because the Twins are smug, cocky bastards. They still get picked enough on in the Media.. The infamous comment by Milbury comparing them to Thelma and Louise. And fans all over the league still go by, "2 Sedins, no cup", "Sedin sisters", "Divers"... I think they get enough scrutiny in the media, you can't say they don't get any.

Hey I ain't the one who said we are hockeys Miami heat, take that up with askmen. I'm just asking who you guys think is our version of the big three. I thought it'd be a nice change of pace from the normal 4 or 5 thread ideas that get recycled around here every 3 days.

I disagree, yes we have four legit superstars (Louie, Kesler and the Twins) but there's a few teams with just as many high end superstars and they don't get the bad rap the Nucks do? Generally they play pretty clean when compared to teams like Boston and Philly. They also have a lot of try and don't cry like babies when things go wrong, unlike the Heat.

This is one of the biggest insult I have ever heard about the Canucks. We never promise any championship rings. The Canucks promised that will be there ultimate goal and will compete hard and assemble a team that will win the Stanley Cup soon, but never any guarantee. Sedins are one of the classiest player, they don't go around and brag about their ability, they only talk about what can be improve better.

Being the most hated teams in NHL, I take that as another way to say "I just love you too much Canucks". But saying the Canucks are exactly like Miami Heat, this is like cutting my balls off and feeding them to me and make me crap it out and then eat it again.

This is one of the biggest insult I have ever heard about the Canucks. We never promise any championship rings. The Canucks promised that will be there ultimate goal and will compete hard and assemble a team that will win the Stanley Cup soon, but never any guarantee. Sedins are one of the classiest player, they don't go around and brag about their ability, they only talk about what can be improve better.

Being the most hated teams in NHL, I take that as another way to say "I just love you too much Canucks". But saying the Canucks are exactly like Miami Heat, this is like cutting my balls off and feeding them to me and make me crap it out and then eat it again.

I think this whole thread is garbage but I will say that if anyone on our team resembles D Wade it's Kesler. They're both beasts who at any point in time can just decide they want to control the game. They both show up huge in big games and are widely respected around the league.

Archived