The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

since 2000, I think.

It sucked watch for the past decade

lately too, such small, untough teams.

The Blazers were the toughest and the best, full of character guys when they were winning.

This young core should get better and with some solid drafting and maybe trading for some muscle... maybe we'll have a strong team for a while yet!!!

Seasons tickets worth while now.

Yeah it was rough for quite some time. I think we were spoiled by so many good/great teams that to see what happened to this franchise was that much harder. All the controversies off the ice and the mediocre at best product on the ice made it rough.

WOW! what a game!

BLAZERS BEAT CHL'S TOP TEAM 3-2 AT HOME

11-Jan-12 The Kamloops Blazers played an entertaining game in a 3-2 victory over the #1 ranked team in the CHL, the Tri-City Americans. Colin Smith opened the scoring when Tim Bozon raced in and stole a puck from goaltender Ty Rimmer. Bozon gave it to Smith and he scored his 21st of the season for a 1-0 lead. Shots on goal in the period were 9-8 in favour of the Blazers.

The Americans and Blazers played a fairly even second period. Both teams traded a few chances, but the score stayed locked a 1-0 for the Blazers. Shots on goal were 11-7 in favour of the Americans in the period.

The final period was entertaining and eventful. Colin Smith scored his second goal of the night tipping in a shot from Tyler Bell for a 2-0 Blazers lead. The Americans struck back though as Jesse Mychan jammed in a puck past goaltender Cole Cheveldave and the Blazers lead was cut to 2-1. The Blazers thought they scored later in the period as Brendan Ranford made a nice move and an Americans player slid into the goal with the puck dissapearing underneath him. The replay was inconclusive and the Blazers continued to lead 2-1. The Blazers made it 3-1 when Tyler Hansen's shot squeezed through goaltender Ty Rimmer for his first goal of the season. The Blazers took a penalty and the Americans cut the lead to 3-2 quick with Jordan Messier scoring with only 1:52 to play. The Americans had chances to tie it, but the Blazers stood their ground in a 3-2 win to end the Americans 13-game winning streak.

Goaltender Cole Cheveldave earned the win making 30 saves, while Ty Rimmer stopped 25 shots for the Americans. The Blazers finished 0-for-4 on the power play, while the Americans were 1-for-5 with extra man.

The Blazers next action is on Friday night when they host the Seattle Thunderbirds. For tickets, visit blazerhockey.com.

I gotta say that was the best crowd i have seen all year. not numbers wise, but just sheer passion. We were able to get full arena chants going and we got almost the whole back section chanting "RIMMMMMMEERRRR" Just awesome guys! I remember this kind fo atmosphere from when I was a very young person, and now I love being even more apart of it! GO BLAZERS GO

CHL rankings usually come out tomorrow, Im gonna say the Blazers will either take over top spot or be second place, I have a feeling London will be first as their winning percentage is the best in the CHL. We might see Tri City drop to 4 or 5.

We will most definitely make a push for number 1 this next week, I just dont see a way the CHL puts us ahead of London, although our winning streak is a beautiful number.

How sweet would it be to get out of the first round of the playoffs this year!!!!!

We will most definitely make a push for number 1 this next week, I just dont see a way the CHL puts us ahead of London, although our winning streak is a beautiful number.

How sweet would it be to get out of the first round of the playoffs this year!!!!!

you just made me realize that I was at the last Blazers playoff game

kind of sad lol

Archived