Posted Image

#542 greenbean30

greenbean30

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

What a road trip, can't believe the Blazers swept the Alberta/Cranbrook road trip. I didn't see this coming, I figured win 3 out of the 5 with maybe an OT loss thrown in.
This team is just too good right now, and I'm loving every second of it.

Edited by greenbean30, 20 October 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#543 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

What a road trip, can't believe the Blazers swept the Alberta/Cranbrook road trip. I didn't see this coming, I figured win 3 out of the 5 with maybe an OT loss thrown in.
This team is just too good right now, and I'm loving every second of it.

They are in tip-top form. I am amazed at this start tho. The alberta swing was always looking most likely to break this streak.

The Blazertrain continues

Posted Image

#544 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Can't believe how good this team is. It's literally hard to believe. Hope the rink is full for Pink in the Rink next weekend. Next Saturday is my birthday, so both home games have meaning for me. :)

ALSO: Any suggestions on what to call the next W.U.T.B. title? Something a little more original than "3-in-3 weekend".

It'll be "Warm Up The Bus - My Take on the Kamloops Blazers: ________________"

Edited by MaximYapierre, 20 October 2012 - 09:12 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#545 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

lol

i can't even believe all these wins

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#546 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Can't believe how good this team is. It's literally hard to believe. Hope the rink is full for Pink in the Rink next weekend. Next Saturday is my birthday, so both home games have meaning for me. :)

ALSO: Any suggestions on what to call the next W.U.T.B. title? Something a little more original than "3-in-3 weekend".

It'll be "Warm Up The Bus - My Take on the Kamloops Blazers: ________________"

"home cookin" "back in the loops" "liptober continues"

Posted Image

#547 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

Traded Gaudet. :shock: For a 3rd round pick... Well the defence was pretty jammed packed. Maybe this is in anticipation of Madaisky comin back? I am not sure.

Posted Image

#548 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Traded Gaudet. :shock: For a 3rd round pick... Well the defence was pretty jammed packed. Maybe this is in anticipation of Madaisky comin back? I am not sure.

I don't think they're expecting Madaisky to come back. I'm thinking thats why we got Grist, to offset the loss of Madaisky. Also, if Madaisky comes back we'll have to get rid of one of the four 20 year olds, which could upset the room. It's finicky right now.

As for Brady, good luck in Red Deer. I'm sure he'll play as well there as he did here.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#549 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't think they're expecting Madaisky to come back. I'm thinking thats why we got Grist, to offset the loss of Madaisky. Also, if Madaisky comes back we'll have to get rid of one of the four 20 year olds, which could upset the room. It's finicky right now.

As for Brady, good luck in Red Deer. I'm sure he'll play as well there as he did here.

It's Weird. Madaisky hasn't played a game yet. That cannot be good for his development, plus columbus is on the record saying that if Madaisky wasnt in the top 4 dmen in Springfield they would return him to WHL, just weird.

Posted Image

#550 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

It's Weird. Madaisky hasn't played a game yet. That cannot be good for his development, plus columbus is on the record saying that if Madaisky wasnt in the top 4 dmen in Springfield they would return him to WHL, just weird.

Agreed. I would have thought that since he hasn't played a game, that he would be coming back for sure. But I just don't get that vibe from Blazers management, considering none of DePape/Willick/Ranford/Madaisky's rights have been dealt. Then dealing for Sam Grist, and now trading Gaudet because we have TOO much depth on defence...just doesn't seem likely.

As unreal as our defence would be with Dicer, I just don't think Gelsinger/Friesen/Macklin would be viable replacements for any of Papper/Willy/Ranford.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#551 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Agreed. I would have thought that since he hasn't played a game, that he would be coming back for sure. But I just don't get that vibe from Blazers management, considering none of DePape/Willick/Ranford/Madaisky's rights have been dealt. Then dealing for Sam Grist, and now trading Gaudet because we have TOO much depth on defence...just doesn't seem likely.

As unreal as our defence would be with Dicer, I just don't think Gelsinger/Friesen/Macklin would be viable replacements for any of Papper/Willy/Ranford.

Yea, I do belive you are right. I mean why would we want to mess with a good thing. Tonight I was curious at looking at some of the record streaks in the WHL... HOLY there have been some long streaks. http://whl.ca/page/whl-record-book check them out.

Posted Image

#552 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

I love the Blazers! Maybe cause I'm from Kamloops! ;)

Go to a lot of Blazer and Canuck games!
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#553 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Welcome to the legion of Blazer fans here on CDC :)
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#554 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

Yes, welcome

Posted Image

#555 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Colin Smith, Dennys WHL Player of the Week. Blazers threepeat.

What must other teams' fans be thinking right now? We're top of the CHL, we've got the four top scorers, three straight WHL Player of the Week honors...probably #Liptober in the player of the month...and Bob McKenzie just blew up Twitter with Blazer facts n stats.

I love being a Blazer fan :)
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#556 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Colin Smith, Dennys WHL Player of the Week. Blazers threepeat.

What must other teams' fans be thinking right now? We're top of the CHL, we've got the four top scorers, three straight WHL Player of the Week honors...probably #Liptober in the player of the month...and Bob McKenzie just blew up Twitter with Blazer facts n stats.

I love being a Blazer fan :)

Well check out this thread, It appears one thinks Kamloops isn't as good as our record.... People will be jealous of our first place team.

Posted Image

#557 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

right on, thanks for poppin in, hope to hear from u in the future, Blazer Fans are strong on CDC, and supportive too!

Posted Image

#558 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Brandon wheat kings on friday? i cant see why the isc cant be filled at least 80%

will post the prediction/simulation on thursday

i was thinking of running just one simulation then posting the results

or a few then posting the average.... IDK, you'l see on Thursday!

GO BLAZERS GO!!!!

Edited by pwnstar, 22 October 2012 - 12:44 PM.

Posted Image

#559 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Brandon wheat kings on friday? i cant see why the isc cant be filled at least 80%

will post the prediction/simulation on thursday

i was thinking of running just one simulation then posting the results

or a few then posting the average.... IDK, you'l see on Thursday!

GO BLAZERS GO!!!!

Pink in the Rink is always popular, and after that 5-0 road trip I have a feeling the ISC is gonna be one busy place this weekend.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#560 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

atta boy Smith

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#561 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Well check out this thread, It appears one thinks Kamloops isn't as good as our record.... People will be jealous of our first place team.

I see RoyalCanuck tried to say the Royals dominated the game that they won...the Royals played good, but they didn't dominate by any means. We were up 2 goals in the third period, I believe, and they got kind of lucky coming back.

The Blazers may not be invincible, but they are definitely as good as they look. They're no flash in the pan.

ALSO: You said they traded Gaudet as their "first overall pick"? Wasn't he 9th or 10th in round 1? Just a small correction :) I totally agree with your prediction, however.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 22 October 2012 - 09:33 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#562 Kevin-B

Kevin-B

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

No doubt the Blazers are awesome,this coming from a Royals fan :shock: Looking forward to seeing them this Sunday against Seattle(Kent) Taking the family there for my little nephew's birthday.

Edited by Kevin-B, 22 October 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#563 peener

peener

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

aww yeah
Posted Image

Twilight Sparkle rocks the house

#564 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

I see RoyalCanuck tried to say the Royals dominated the game that they won...the Royals played good, but they didn't dominate by any means. We were up 2 goals in the third period, I believe, and they got kind of lucky coming back.

The Blazers may not be invincible, but they are definitely as good as they look. They're no flash in the pan.

ALSO: You said they traded Gaudet as their "first overall pick"? Wasn't he 9th or 10th in round 1? Just a small correction :) I totally agree with your prediction, however.

Yea, your right. 1st rounder is what I meant, I was in a tizzie haha. also have you guys seen this?
http://www.tsn.ca/fa...ature/?ID=11687 it's a new look at player rankings for the CHL. They use a points system to determine the effect the player can have on a game

Edited by ripsh0w, 23 October 2012 - 08:40 AM.

Posted Image

#565 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Yea, your right. 1st rounder is what I meant, I was in a tizzie haha. also have you guys seen this?
http://www.tsn.ca/fa...ature/?ID=11687 it's a new look at player rankings for the CHL. They use a points system to determine the effect the player can have on a game

Nice! Look at all those Blazers in the top 11 :)
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#566 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Blazers are pushing for a sellout for this Friday's game against the Brandon Wheat Kings. If the game sells out, the team is going to donate $5,464 ($1 for every ticket sold) and Dylan Willick, Colin Smith, and Cole Cheveldave are each going to donate $100 out of their own pockets.

Not only is this team unreal on ice, they're unreal in the community!

ALSO: With the top four in WHL scoring being a Blazer, the next time the Blazers show up on the WHL scoring list is at #67, Dylan Willick with 10 points. Really shows where our scoring comes from!

Edited by MaximYapierre, 23 October 2012 - 03:47 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#567 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Blazers are pushing for a sellout for this Friday's game against the Brandon Wheat Kings. If the game sells out, the team is going to donate $5,464 ($1 for every ticket sold) and Dylan Willick, Colin Smith, and Cole Cheveldave are each going to donate $100 out of their own pockets.

Not only is this team unreal on ice, they're unreal in the community!

ALSO: With the top four in WHL scoring being a Blazer, the next time the Blazers show up on the WHL scoring list is at #67, Dylan Willick with 10 points. Really shows where our scoring comes from!

i tip my hat to this classy organization

Posted Image

#568 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

i tip my hat to this classy organization

Amen. It's going to be a really good night - very charitable, even without the sellout.

I guess they only need to sell about 1750 more tickets until it becomes a sellout, and it's only Wednesday! I'm getting my ticket today, for sure. Don't want to risk not getting one.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#569 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

SMITH AND LIPON ON TEAM WHL

Kamloops, BC
– Two Blazers, Colin Smith and JC Lipon, have been selected to represent Team WHL in the Subway Super Series on November 14th and 15th in Vancouver and Victoria against Team Russia

Smith, a 19-year-old from Edmonton, is currently 2nd in WHL scoring with 9 goals, 19 assists and 28 points in 13 games this season. The 7th round pick of the Colorado Avalanche will be participating in the Subway Super Series for the second straight year. The 5’11” 175lb center put up 35 goals and 85 points last season.

Lipon has been selected to Team WHL for the first time in his career. The 19-year-old Regina native is currently leading the WHL in scoring with 13 goals, 19 assists and 32 points in 13 games this season. The 6’0” 180lb forward had 65 points in 69 games last season. Lipon has been passed on through two NHL drafts.

Lipon and Smith will both suit up for Team WHL on Thursday, November 15th in Victoria.

The SUBWAY® Super Series features regional teams of CHL All-Stars competing against the Russian National Junior Team in a six-game event serving as an integral part of the identification process for Team Canada prior to the IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship. The OHL hosts the middle leg of the six-game series with the first two games hosted by the QMJHL, and the final two games played in the WHL. Last season the CHL prevailed with their eighth series win in nine years of this event earning a 10-8 victory in points which included three regulation wins, two losses, and one defeat by shootout. Team Canada later captured bronze at the 2012 World Junior Championship in Calgary and Edmonton, AB.

When I first read the article on WHL.ca, I didn't see Smith or Lipon on the roster...then I realized each game was split into two different rosters. Glad to see they're on the team! Very surpised Cheveldave wasn't added to one of the rosters though!

Edited by MaximYapierre, 25 October 2012 - 05:23 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#570 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Gregg Drinnan@gdrinnan
Columbus Blue Jackets assign D Austin Madaisky, 20, from AHL-Springfield Falcons to ECHL - Evansville Icemen.

Chances are good that Madaisky will get playing time, and substantial playing time at that, in Evansville. Would be nice to have him back, but at risk of messing with chemistry right now...
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.