The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Blazers thread [WHL]

pwnstar

Whooooo!

Dan Russell on SportsTalk was talking about how this streak doesn't match up with all the Blazer streaks because of the one shootout loss...what he fails to realize is that this was a 14 game win streak after that loss...what an idiot.

I used to like him, too...

Well he was referring to our shoot out wins. Back in the day there were no shootouts, it went to overtime and then if there was no winner it was a tie. So what he is saying is that our shoot out wins would have resulted in ties thus ending our streak. IMO you can't compare any stats from the older era's of hockey, to the new era. Stats are just calculated too differently, especially the standings.

It was kinda shady that he was taking something away from this streak tho, very unfortunate. I too usually like Dan, just not last night.

Whooooo!

Dan Russell on SportsTalk was talking about how this streak doesn't match up with all the Blazer streaks because of the one shootout loss...what he fails to realize is that this was a 14 game win streak after that loss...what an idiot.

I used to like him, too...

blazer haters gonna hate, always gotta find something to downplay the amazing streak (dan russel :picard: )

Seriously? They're winning this much and there's still tickets available?

I lived in Kamloops for one winter a few years back (when the Blazers had Iginla, Doan, Tucker, Domenichelli, and Baumgartner on the roster) and it was nearly impossible to get tickets. I could only ever get standing room tickets. Those were good times!

I lived there back then too, the glory days with 3 memorial cups in 4 years, including one hosted in kamloops. It was standing room only for every game.

at the memorial arena wasn't it or the coliseum?

coliseum was built in 92, so the 95 memorial cup was there

I think that the new arena was a requirement for hosting (just guessing though)

edit: I remember going to one of the games that year, must have been round robin. Can't remember who they played. they won though ahahha

My first time seeing Kamloops when they stop in Seattle on Sunday. It ended up being a very good game,I was impressed by Kamloops resilience. Ended up chatting with an older couple that cruised down from Saskatchewan to root for the Blazers. That's some dedication. Just prior to the start of the 2nd period,my son and I were heading back from grabbing some snacks as the Blazers were lining up to take the ice. We stopped for a few moments and the goalie (Kozun I think) waved to my son,my son then gave him a thumbs up. I was able to snap a few pics. I know its not that cool of a story but I thought it was pretty awesome and certainly a highlight for my son. Sorry for rambling :bigblush:

My first time seeing Kamloops when they stop in Seattle on Sunday. It ended up being a very good game,I was impressed by Kamloops resilience. Ended up chatting with an older couple that cruised down from Saskatchewan to root for the Blazers. That's some dedication. Just prior to the start of the 2nd period,my son and I were heading back from grabbing some snacks as the Blazers were lining up to take the ice. We stopped for a few moments and the goalie (Kozun I think) waved to my son,my son then gave him a thumbs up. I was able to snap a few pics. I know its not that cool of a story but I thought it was pretty awesome and certainly a highlight for my son. Sorry for rambling :bigblush:

That's awesome :) It's always nice when the players will interact with the young fans - there is no better feeling as a young fan than interacting with a hockey player in-game. I hope your son enjoyed the game, and hope that game was enough to sway you to "Blazer Nation"!

I was hoping the Blazers would beat Everett last night so Kelowna can give Kamloops their first loss of the season :)

Like when Vancouver did it to Detroit last year!

Should be a great game! Kamloops is coming off a day of much needed rest and Just like every other team, the Rockets will be ready for this one!

I was hoping the Blazers would beat Everett last night so Kelowna can give Kamloops their first loss of the season :)

Like when Vancouver did it to Detroit last year!

one of my favourite fames last season, the look on tuzzis' face was priceless

Archived