The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bodog was there.

Kevin Biestra

No, but they're the first station I've heard that tries to pass of gambling advertising as journalistic content (sports action props picks and that racetrack) and they may have the highest gaming advertising to programming ratio I've ever come across.

Honestly, if this thread is what pushes someone to become an online sports gambler...

Then that person was destined to gamble.

And to anyone in this thread, if you wish to pursue gambling - I mean GAMING - please avoid the site that insults us and go to 5dimes or SportBet or BetUS or BookMaker or a competitor that doesn't insult our city.

• 1 year later...

Not only did you help Bodog advertise, but you helped inform people about who they are. Most people who visited this topic probably ended up visiting the Bodog website, which helped them gain more visitors. Now I know many are saying "Bodog sucks" but many on here may end up using that very site for online sports betting. What you ended up doing here is possibly creating more revenue, more visitors, and more advertising for Bodog.

I know that you are angry with the company for the way they advertise by bringing up some bad times, but those are the things that get people talking. They could mention Burrows Game 7 Goal, Pavel Bure or Kirk McKlean vs Calgary, or Kevin Bieksa Game 5 Goal but they might not gain as much publicity with that as they have with this.

I agree it's a very risky strategy to market they way they are in this city, but it seems to be working. Just don't pay attention to it and think of the good times.

Not only did you help Bodog advertise, but you helped inform people about who they are. Most people who visited this topic probably ended up visiting the Bodog website, which helped them gain more visitors. Now I know many are saying "Bodog sucks" but many on here may end up using that very site for online sports betting. What you ended up doing here is possibly creating more revenue, more visitors, and more advertising for Bodog.

I know that you are angry with the company for the way they advertise by bringing up some bad times, but those are the things that get people talking. They could mention Burrows Game 7 Goal, Pavel Bure or Kirk McKlean vs Calgary, or Kevin Bieksa Game 5 Goal but they might not gain as much publicity with that as they have with this.

I agree it's a very risky strategy to market they way they are in this city, but it seems to be working. Just don't pay attention to it and think of the good times.

Maybe. But it strikes me as a pretty dumb way to promote yourself to Vancouver sports fans.

Maybe it's just me, and I get sick of the 1,000 different ways Team 1040 tries to talk me into gambling, but that's my two cents.

Archived