The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks being held back

Erik Karlsson

<p><p>

Including the Boston game they have collected 14 out of a possible 20 points. In other words they have won 70% of the total points possible. If they continue along that line for the rest of the year they will accumulate another 43 points and when added to the 67 they have tallied so far this season, they are on track for a 110 point season.

That my friend is only seven points short of the total they managed to get all of last year which won them the Presidents Trophy, their closest rival being the Capitals at 107 points.

But I am optimistic and suggest that if they remain healthy, over the next 31 games that remain, they will win somewhere in the vicinity of 23-25 of those games. Voila - where might that place them in the standings against all other teams in the league. I will bet very close to the top and what is going for them is more than half of them will be played in front of their home crowd and that favors them.

Perusing the Nucks schedule, they only play Detroit, Chicago, LA and St Louis one more time and Nashville twice. Without sounding too presumptuous about the future, those teams are their closest competitors in the conference. Detroit has a much tougher row to hoe during their final 30 games of the season. It may also be that they are at their greatest momentum (peak) at this juncture of the season and like last year with the Canucks, to peak at this time in the season may just be a tad to early before the playoffs for them.

We just got to have faith in our boys and please no bad Karma LOL.

Fact: The Canucks are playing like crap

Fact: They would have had a chance in neither of the two previous games if it weren't for spectacular goaltending

There might be a problem.

Fact: We don't know who to blame because we have no access to the dressing room. Our finger pointing is mere speculation.

Canucks are being held back by coaching imo. AV's system he uses is getting too easy to coach against for other teams, especially when they decide to play disciplined, there goes our gameplan of winning by our power play.

How many times have we seen AV get outcoached in the playoffs? If Burr didn't score that goal last year AV wouldn't be here. Kesler also carried our team through the Nashville series.

Our team is one of the most skilled in the NHL they aren't winning because of AV. I mean if he's not going to give the best rookie of the month more ice time especially when the Sedins look dead tired and not there like last night, atleast put him in the shootout where he has been our most effective shooter, but no, not even after his breakaway goal last game.

He doesn't even run the power play Newell Brown does. His job is to get the team ready to play a full 60 mins and play good 5 on 5 hockey, but it seems our team never plays for a full 60 and we are one of the worst teams 5 on 5, how is that possible with all the skill and speed we have?

One of the worst coaches I've ever seen at changing his gameplan on the fly, I could probably do a better job. :lol:

Think about it, if the canucks got a new well respected coach, Ballard,Hodgson,Kesler and some other players will all have some more jump to their game, atleast that's how I see it.

Anyways that's my rant, I guarantee we would of made it to the finals with any coach last year if we still had Brown running the power play, hopefully Gillis can get some help at the trade deadline because obviously he won't fire AV this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys don't you think AV giving the rookie of the month who's been scoring clutch goals all season and is getting better each game the worst possible linemates ever and 4th line ice time is a great idea!

It's really boosted Malholtras play, I mean he's only had a few brutal turnovers that ended up with goals against.

Lapierre was providing tons of offense on the third line, I mean, did you see the set up to Hansen!? Oh wait that was Hodgson when he finally got moved up.

AV should keep giving Hodgson less ice time and less responsibilites so that when Sedins and Kesler get shut down he can also fail.

I mean, wouldn't any good coach with half a brain give the rookie of the month who is no a defensive liability, scores clutch goals, and makes his linemates around him better, some more ice time so he's ready for the playoffs? Atleast keep him on the f*cking 3rd line.

Lapierre doesn't have the offensive skills for 3rd line center and Malholtra is terrible this year, not only that, has anyone ever heard AV COMPLIMENT HODGSON? No, all he does is say he's playing against 3rd line pairings and puts him down. What kind of coach is that? You AV lovers sure are weird.

• 1 month later...

Seems to me like the players are kind of tuning AV out. Higgins to the 4th line tomorrow and Raymond back on the 2nd? It's clear he has no f*ucking idea what to do with his slumping team, these line up changes are only going to piss some players off, especially Kesler and Higgins, you can tell Kes does not like playing with Raymond.

This coach better be gone in the offseason, what a joke. If he had brains he would start trying out Kassian with the Sedins to get some chemistry going for the playoffs. The Sedins can barely play now and get manhandled in the playoffs, what makes him think they're going to pick up their game against tougher opponents going all out? They need a big gritty guy with offensive skill, and we traded a huge piece of our team for him. Even try splitting them up or something, but they way things are going, Sedins are going to have a terrible playoffs, they don't have the speed, grit or intensity to take it to the next level like Kesler can.

And to the AV lovers tell me what he does that makes him a great coach? Powerplay? nope. Defense? nope. His line juggling is terrible, and he gets outcoached almost EVERY playoff series.

Seems to me like the players are kind of tuning AV out. Higgins to the 4th line tomorrow and Raymond back on the 2nd? It's clear he has no f*ucking idea what to do with his slumping team, these line up changes are only going to piss some players off, especially Kesler and Higgins, you can tell Kes does not like playing with Raymond.

This coach better be gone in the offseason, what a joke. If he had brains he would start trying out Kassian with the Sedins to get some chemistry going for the playoffs. The Sedins can barely play now and get manhandled in the playoffs, what makes him think they're going to pick up their game against tougher opponents going all out? They need a big gritty guy with offensive skill, and we traded a huge piece of our team for him. Even try splitting them up or something, but they way things are going, Sedins are going to have a terrible playoffs, they don't have the speed, grit or intensity to take it to the next level like Kesler can.

And to the AV lovers tell me what he does that makes him a great coach? Powerplay? nope. Defense? nope. His line juggling is terrible, and he gets outcoached almost EVERY playoff series.

Archived