The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

Rate this topic

Rockets Take Two in Vic: 7-2 Win Saturday

February 23, 2013

Kelowna has a big weekend on the Island, beating Victoria 7-2 and 8-3; back on home ice on Thursday

Feb. 23, 2013 - Kelowna, BC

The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Victoria Royals 7-2 on Wednesday night in Victoria winning both games against the Royals on Vancouver Island this weekend.

Cody Fowlie had two goals and one assist and five other Rockets hit the scoresheet for Kelowna, which improved to 44-15-1-3 on the season.

Colton Sissons, Tyson Baillie, Jesse Lees, Tyrell Goulbourne and MacKenzie Johnston also scored for Kelowna who beat Victoria 8-3 on Friday night.

Jordon Cooke earned his second straight win of the weekend, facing 28 shots, while the Rockets had 37 shots on net.

Kelowna now leads Kamloops by five points in the race for the WHL BC Division crown. Kamloops lost 2-0 to Spokane on Saturday.

The Rockets return to Prospera Place this week, playing Thursday and Saturday.

The Rockets play Seattle on Thursday before hosting Lethbridge on Saturday.

Rockets Win 3rd Straight; 4-1 over Seattle

February 28, 2013

Dylen McKinlay with two as the Rockets head into weekend on right foot. Next up Saturday vs. Lethbridge

Feb. 28, 2013 - Kelowna, BC

The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Seattle Thunderbirds 4-1 on Thursday night at Prospera Place in Kelowna, winning its third straight game.

Dylen McKinlay scored twice and had an assist to lead the Rockets attack while Myles Bell had his team-leading 35th and Tyson Baillie had his 23rd.

Check the Game Summary here

Jordon Cooke earned the win in net, his 32nd of the year. Seth Swenson was the lone Seattle player to beat Cooke.

The win improved the Rockets record to 45-15-3-1 on the season, increasing its lead on Kamloops to seven points atop the WHL BC Division. The Blazers were idle on Thursday.

"We found a way to win and those were an important two points for us," said Rockets head coach Ryan Huska on the AM 150 post game show. "It was one of those games where we will take the two points and we will get re-energized and re-focussed for Saturday night."

Check out some photos from the game here

Kelowna has Friday off before playing two straight this weekend. The Rockets host Lethbridge on Saturday night at Prospera Place before heading to Kamloops to play the Blazers on Sunday

Edited by The Ratiocinator

Toronto, ON – The Canadian Hockey League today announced the twenty-third edition of the BMO CHL Top 10 Rankings for the 2012-13 regular season. The weekly rankings of the Canadian Hockey League’s Top 10 teams are selected by a panel of National Hockey League scouts.

BMO CHL Top 10 Rankings – Week 23

Team:

Last Week Rank:

Number of Weeks Ranked:

Halifax Mooseheads (49-6-2-1)

Portland Winterhawks (51-10-1-2)

London Knights (43-12-2-2)

Edmonton Oil Kings (44-15-2-3)

Kelowna Rockets (44-15-3-1)

Rimouski Oceanic (38-14-2-6)

Baie-Comeau Drakkar (39-16-2-3)

Owen Sound Attack (38-17-1-3)

Belleville Bulls (38-14-3-3)

Kamloops Blazers (41-17-2-3)

Honourable Mention:

Saskatoon Blades (39-21-0-3)

-

Plymouth Whalers (34-17-5-4)

-

Moncton Wildcats (38-20-1-0)

-

Rockets Come Back for 3-2 Win in Kamloops

March 8, 2013

Kelowna solidifies hold on 1st in WHL BC Division with gritty win over Kamloops

close-newser.png

March 8, 2013 - Kelowna, BC

The Kelowna Rockets defeated the Kamloops Blazers 3-2 in Kamloops on Friday night, extending its lead to five points over the Blazers in the race for first place in the WHL BC Division with just over a week to go in the regular season.

After falling behind 2-0, the Rockets scored three straight goals, including the winner from rookie Cole Linaker midway through the third period, to earn the hard fought win.

Check the game summary here

Jordon Cooke earned the win in net, stopping 35 of 37 Kamloops shots in a first-star performance for the Rockets.

"We got off to a rough start but we played our game, found a way to get back into it and win it in the third period," said Cooke on Shaw TV's post game show. "It was huge right now for us. It's two good teams chasing after the division title. Whenever we can get two points against Kamloops, it's good."

Myles Bell and Tyson Baillie also scored for the Rockets who now have four games remaining in the season including Saturday night in Kelowna in the second half of the home and home series with Kamloops.

The win moved the Rockets five points ahead of Kamloops in the race for the BC Division title with the Rockets holding a game in hand as well.

"I'm so proud of the guys," said Rockets assistant coach Dan Lambert on the AM1150 post game show. "A lot of good things happened to a lot of our players tonight. You look at Cole Linaker scoring the winning goal. He and Rourke Chartier are two young guys who had huge games for us."

The Rockets and Blazers meet Saturday at Prospera Place and tickets are available for the game.

Buy Kelowna Rockets Tickets Here, call 250-762-5050 or drop by the Prospera Place box office.

Clutch!

Character win last night. Was on the edge of my seat just listening!

Blazers came very, very close to tying this one. Bozon got a backdoor pass late in the game, looked at a wide open net but the puck bounced off his stick. Rockets played a good game last night, got a little lucky if I do say so, but definitely looked good. Enjoy the division, hopefully we'll see ya in the playoffs. What a series that would be!!!!

Watched the Rockets destroy the Royals (Victoria, where I'm from while I'm not away at school) near the end of February in back to back games!

Hilarious going to my home arena and cheering for the Rockets but I've been a fan ever since Jamie Benn was there ( I used to practice with his team while he was in Midget and I was in Peewee).

• Upvote 1