The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Should It Be......

spencer1717

I'm trying with out much success to pinpoint some consistancy from Alain V. on sitting or benching players. Early in Cody Hodgsons career if he put out one bad shift we all saw him sitting, sometimes for the entire third period. We all know how Ballard has ridden the pine. Can someone please explain why Raymond gets differential treatment?

Rather than cycle him up and down the lines, making them less effective in my opinion, why not sit him for a game or two. Maybe try kassian with the Sedins ? When you sit a few games it's amazing how hard you work when you come back. That goes from minor hockey to beer league to NHL.

Sedin/ Sedin/ Kassian

Booth/ kesler/ higgins

Hansen/ Paulsen/ Burrows

Wiese/ Lapierre/ Malholtra

The Canucks need to get their asses kicked, they need a big losing streak before the playoffs to wake them up.

They are in the playoffs already, thats why I dont care how many games they lose now until then. I think the more the better. They are playing hungrier teams.

All the talk about benching Raymond and moving someone else to play with the Sedins makes me wonder why the Sedins are the sacred first liners, maybe they need to be benched.

I wouldn't say that their problems are with the players they are paired with as Burrows gotted dumped off the slumping first line and promptly scored and led a spirited third line against Phoenix. Maybe time to go with moving the lines up for a game or two, try the Sedins on the third line like they were when they were in their first few years as Canucks. Every player should have to earn his ice time.

jeez the winter weather must be getting to most of you. All i read is Negative Nancy's crying about this or that. can prob guess a good portion cdcer's have either never played the game or never played the game at a high level. Players go through slumps....... get over it. Our boys will pull thru its a long grueling season let them work out of this funk. If your a true fan you should show nothing but support to what your team does.

You guys keep asking these silly questions................they are silly because if you actually watched Raymond (as AV obviously does) you wouldn't need to ask. If you try comparing him with some of the players you give a nightly free pass to, you might see that he does a hell of a lot more than some players who are not picking up points either.

What is more worrying is people like the OP can't seem to see further than "did he get a point? No.....he was crap then" If he used that criteria on the rest of the team he might be staggered.

Another thing. A player can "fall down" 5 times a night and still be one of the best players on the ice. Most of the idiots on here think because he falls down a couple of times he is not doing anything else. And yet they expect to be taken seriously on here.

Archived