The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Much Trouble Will We Be In The Playoffs Without Daniel Sedin?

JasetheCanuck

well we have lost daniel before and we did fine but this season teams upgraded in size and skill this is where we'll regret trading hodgson because now we getting close to the playoffs we could get out of the first round but the 2nd round will be harder if we face chicago or detroit both teams just as good as us and detroit with skill through all the line combos

I don't think the Canucks should be written off without Daniel in the line-up. He is obviously a big loss (a former Art Ross/Ted Lindsay Trophy winner? How could that not be a loss?) but Henrik has played well without him before. I would be more concerned if it was Henrik since we need as much strength as possible down the center of the ice right now. It's "easier" to lose a winger, especially with the depth we have at wing.

You never know. Season returning from injury/surgery, and he's still only 27. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

I'm sure we can see beast mode from him in the playoffs though, so at least he can contribute when it counts.

...........Maybe go over to your window and look eastward I think the sky is falling.Next season could be something to look forward to when he's been traded for a Getzlaf.Yes I know another player would have to be added to get him.

Personally, I believe this Canuck team does have enough depth. There is no "I" in team and if they cannot perform because one of their player's has been injured then we probably shouldn't be there.

Line 1

Booth, Kesler, Higgy

Line 2

Raymond, Sedin, Burrows

Line 3

Hansen, Sammi, Duco

Line 4

Malholtra, Lapi, Wiese

No. you are all being very overly optimistic. In reality, it will be very hard to win consistantly against the very best teams in the league without our number one goal scorer.

round 1 - Probobly

round 2 - Maybe

round 3 - probobly not

round 4 - no

...........Maybe go over to your window and look eastward I think the sky is falling.................I still think we will do well in the SCF I just don't think he'll play the big role he should or what everyone is waiting to see.

Why is it necessary to use so many dots, and to use such a childish and completely irrelevant remark just because I disagree with your opinion? I'm sorry, apparently you can look into the future, my apologies for ever doubting you. Seriously, how do you know that Kesler won't ever produce numbers like that again in his career? He's 27, in his prime, and now has better linemates than he did last year. At least provide a logical reply.

And SCF? Oh right, I forgot you can see into the future. We're guaranteed a spot in the Finals, right? Good lord. :picard:

Archived