The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Byron Bitz Suspended 2 Games

Panjodh

The only reason you brought that up was to deflect from you absurd thoughts that weber should not have been suspended. It is not nearly as suspendable. Intent to injure sure, but not to the head. fine for 2500 would suffice for that but webs deserved one game.

The sooner we all accept that NHL Discipline is an oxymoron, the sooner we can all relax and enjoy the new and improved WWE ON ICE .. my only hope is that Vince McMahon buys the Devils and we really get this gong show on the road .. :towel:

The sooner we all accept that NHL Discipline is an oxymoron, the sooner we can all relax and enjoy the new and improved WWE ON ICE .. my only hope is that Vince McMahon buys the Devils and we really get this gong show on the road .. :towel:

I'm on the fence about a one gamer for Weber, it honestly could have gone either way.

I think the saving grace for Weber was the fact that Zetterberg had basically started the confrontation, if he hadn't and Weber still did that than one game would have been in order.

As for Kesler there wasn't even a 2 min penatly, obviously the refs are doing everything to screw over the Canucks...again.

fines for repeat offends should double every time they get fined after their first or be a percent of their salary if they make over like 2 million.

a 2.5K fine is nothing when a guy is making a few million.

And the irony here according to Friedman on the TEAM just now is Bitz probably would have gotten 5 games if he did what Weber did. Even if Shanny would have given Weber a game, it would have at least quelled the storm. Now the debate rages on.

Bitz's?

No it was in the corner. It was a bad hit and 2 games is fair for a spare part like Bitz. We slot in Weise (I assume) and are no worse for it.

It's not comparable to what Weber did. I do believe that who you are makes every difference in the world, as Shanahan can't help but think of the impact his decision will make to a teams' playoff chances. It's not a conspiracy. It's just business.

Archived