The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank U Luongo

Special Ed

ts also really pathetic watching the d-men fall onto luongo twice yesterday. Lu makes saves on two of the goals and expects his d-men to clear the puck, but instead, the d-men just sit on him and watch the puck go into the net.

You know, it's because were the victim of "playing from behind." L.A's tactic when playing with a lead is to play defensive and capitalize on their mistakes. We werent able to play with lead. Maybe Luongo stopped a goal or 2, it take's L.A out of their comfort zone for once. Have you considered that for a change? To win game 2 we need 5 goals. To win game 1 we needed 4 goals. That's too much to ask for from our offence, weres the goaltending? OH right. He just needs to make the easy saves and the tough saves, is not his fault. Yea sure buddy.

I'm afraid that because of an eventual early exit, we will lose two of the greatest Canucks ever: Luongo and Vigneault.

The first has turned the team around since he arrived and led us to game 7 of the SCF, but people have a short term memory. Look at how much a top 10 goalie costs in other teams, and compare. Luongo is actually pretty cheap. Especially considering Carey Price is just about to visit the bank with a suitcase loaded with $. A real joke.

Under the second's reign, players like the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler and Rome (joke) have reached their full potential. He implemented a team system based on speed and skills in which everybody believes, leading us, again, to game 7 of SCF.

And now, everybody's ready to throw them under the bus. I almost wish for Lu to be traded and see Schneider deflating just to witness what would be the reaction among fans.

This falling on Luongo you mention is because his players have lost their confidence in him when they see him go down to his belly. Once he is down and flat out, he cannot recover in any manner. He may be a great goalie when he is upright; however, he has a game costly habit of flopping flat out and has no chance of recovering to save any rebounds or make lateral movement.

AV does nothing when he needs to. Fortunate enough to have good regular season team in front of him but come playoffs the team is mediocre and lacks a coach! Now this elfloppo has fallen into the same category due to the team in front of him but again he will be exposed during playoff hockey of his lack lustre abilities. Schnieder needs to have a shot and if he wins,plays well than run with him! AV needs to start coaching plan and simple or it is off and golfing for charity!!!

Guest Dasein

Team has been brutal but 4 goals on 26 shots = .84 sv%

Quick stopped 46 of 48 for .95 sv%

Not all LU's fault but he has not been "stellar" as the OP put it.

Talk about a tough 8th seed. I knew the Nucks were in trouble getting the Kings, now with Sutter as their coach.

It isn't Lu's fault, though on the 2nd goal he again flopped on his belly for reason I am not aware of.

Look at the Kings roster, I am not one bit surprised and at the same time pleased beyond words that they are up 2-0.

I agree with everything you said, but play Schneider. Just for the series. The team has to have something different, something to change the tone/momentum of this series. Schneider is just as good, so it won't be any different. I have noticed numerous times that this team plays better in front of Schneids for some weird reason.

Canucks battle back to win in 6.

Lu wasn't anything special for game 2..... mediocre, definitely not the problem but far from stealing a game for us. Great in game 1, but his play is not the problem. The Canucks play noticeably better with Schnieds in net, for whatever reason, it's something that needs to happen.

If we lose this round I think Luongo needs to go, regardless of how he plays, it's like a bad smell that's lingering in Rogers. By his fault or not this city won't let it go. Vancouver and Lu will both have a fresh slate. I think it will work wonders for both, Lu will likely have a great career elsewhere and Schneids will get full support and a chance to take the still cup contending team the distance.

Archived