Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Thank U Luongo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
134 replies to this topic

#121 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

On a completely unrelated tangent does anyone know of a website with stats for scoring chances, hits and all the stats none of the major sites seem to publish. I know these stats are seldom perfect but I know someone does keep track of them but I cannot find a good source for this info.

#122 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

I thought this was a thread to thank Lu for his years of service as a Canuck, as it may be the last time we'll see him in action as a Canuck.

10055118.jpg

You don't understand anything, man. Leave your stupid comments in your pocket

#123 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Sure u can say quick made 46 of 48 saves and Luongo was only .846 but I'm sure the number of scoring chance kings had out of those 2x shots were way more than the 48 shots we threw on quick

#124 believe in blue forever

believe in blue forever

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Luongo always lets in a goal that he should stop even when he's on his game. Can't blame the fans for critisizing his goaltending. He is more than well paid for his not so great goal tending. The management needs to stop enabling his shakey play, they should tell him to get with it or give back a few million. The fans pay big bucks for seats and expect better, can't blame em for being fed up. He should ask for a trade. Is there a team that wants him?

Kind of how our power play always lets us down?
When we really badly need a goal and we get a power play we never score.
The guys on the pp are paid well to score at key times but they aren't doing so
Give back a few millions?? For what giving the Canucks a chance to win the last 2 games only to have his team mates falter on our pathetic powerplay
Posted Image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin
Luongo is blamed for a lot of things. I think he was blamed for the teachers strike, and the high gas prices in Vancouver. Alain Vigneault

#125 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Sure u can say quick made 46 of 48 saves and Luongo was only .846 but I'm sure the number of scoring chance kings had out of those 2x shots were way more than the 48 shots we threw on quick

I'm not too sure about that I bet it was somewhere close to even, which still isn't great considering the Canucks *almost* doubled the Kings shots on net. However it still leads me to believe that while Luongo wasn't completely to blame for the game 2 loss he definitely was part of the reason...even a small part. I don't think theres any site that is tracking scoring chances for the Canucks games however or at least I haven't found it in my searches.

#126 one-x

one-x

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Why does the team play better in front of Schneider?

Is it Lou's BIG salary?
Was it he was chosen as the teams Captain? That was a Fail!
Is it that he fell apart against Chicago 2 years ago (remember Buffy)?
Was it his weak efforts in SCF games held in Boston last year and game 7 here?
Is it just that Vancouver is truly a goalie grave yard?

I don't have the answers but I think the team should go with Schneider next game just because they do seem to play better with him in the nets. It's not like AV has figured out the Kings moves as good as the Kings have figured out what we do.
We need to change something, No?

And that is unfortunately whats going to happen. It's not Luongo's fault Edler's drop pass was intercepted (and even then he managed to make an excellent save before getting run over) and it's not Luongo's fault that Hammy tripped up on the point and let Brown in on a breakaway. But Luongo will still get the hook because that's the only position we have depth in now.

tumblr_m8tr8mGRkW1rdrug2o1_400.jpg    tumblr_ncj1ajVA7j1tb6rtvo2_250.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#127 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Luongo haters, ROLL OUT!

Pathetic.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#128 8K0

8K0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Luongo has been great! i think he's one of the few players who actually showed up. However, the sad reality is that the rest of the team doesn't seem to play well when he's in net like it or not. It's either he plays well or the rest of the team craps the bed or he plays crap and the team plays well. Start schneider the next game and if he doesnt win , put in lu for the fourth. we'll see how the team responds.

#129 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

its going to be weird if av starts Schneider tomorrow , i think its the right move no matter how good luos playing

if schnieds takes game 3 and 4 does he start 5 or does luongo??? because i think he should reguardless if cory stands on his head or not
Posted Image

#130 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

its going to be weird if av starts Schneider tomorrow , i think its the right move no matter how good luos playing

if schnieds takes game 3 and 4 does he start 5 or does luongo??? because i think he should reguardless if cory stands on his head or not

Celebrity sighting! :bigblush:

3Goktj2.jpg

#131 iamspuzzum

iamspuzzum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

The only goal you can blame on Lu, 1.. the side angle shot through the pads. Other than that.. he 's been great. Not his fault the defense are running in circles falling on themselves in game 2.

#132 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Can't this team play good together, not Luongo sucking one night and the team is great. Or Luongo in beast mode and the team failing.

canucks141.png

#133 2010Canucks

2010Canucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

DId u even see the goals ? Not one of the goals were a result of rebounds...you clearly no nothing about hockey, can't even remember a game that just happend less then 6 hours ago. And the team played pretty bad last week against the Flames with Schnieder and they lost....Sooo STFU

Im talking stats. luongo has some of the worst stats for starting goalies this whole year you dumb kid

#134 2010Canucks

2010Canucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

wanna meet up so i can punch you in the face for not knowing anything about hockey

1st I guarantee I would rock you so feel free if you live in vancouver, you prob can't bench half of what I do.
2nd stats don't lie (especially SA%), I'm using stats. If you're going to argue against stats then clearly you know nothing about hockey

Edited by 2010Canucks, 17 April 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#135 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

your a joke

People have their opinions, making fun of someone elses?....
your a joke.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.