The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Finish

Canouver

I Agree with you. Number of shots on goal does not matter. What matter is the quality of shots. Sure we can put many shots on the goal but if there is not traffic front of the net then the chances of going into the net is less.

In the powerplay I notice that our guy stay beside the quick but not front of him. He can see every single shots that are coming. If you want to tip the goal you have to stay front of the net.

As for defense, our D's need to get their legs going. Not making stupid drop pass and pinching too aggressively. Let the forwards do their job.

We need players that are actually built for playoffs. When you look at the sedins they are great for the regular season but when it comes to playoffs all you need is for the other team to have great defense and they are shutdown. If we were to go against philly I can just imagine how how much punishment sedins would take. When you have your top paid players disappearing in playoffs it is very hard to score.

Canucks get shots on net.

First game 26 ok

Second game 48 great

4 goals on 74 shots

The team said many times that they are happy sticking to one or two goal games. Are they really satisfied with that. Their getting shots but no one can finish a damn play anymore. We're getting good goal tending now we need goals.

Some interesting stats since lockout (speaks to parity in league):

Last 4 Cup winning teams had increased 'goals per game' in playoffs.

5/6 Cup winning teams had decreased 'goals against per game' in playoffs.

All Cup winning teams have had at least 8 players with increased 'points per game' in playoffs.

Basically, it means:

Teams win the Cup by scoring more goals than they did in regular season. It's accomplished by 8 or more players activating beastmode offensively. Scoring 1 or 2 goals per game does NOT = Cup.

Good points. Canucks it's called taking your game to a whole nutha level. I don't care if we get 12 shots on net but score at least 3 damn goals in a game. I don't know the stats but when's the last time anyone could say Vancouver destroyed that team? I really think offence wins games more then defense.

If you look at it we really do t have very good offensive players. Henrik puts up assists and we have a few players with 20 plus or minus goals. Where's the 30 and 40 from last year. Daniels not playing so I'm not counting him but he's got 30 goals. we can't rely on Hansen and Lappy to be our first line guys. REALLY???!!!!!!

Archived