Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Is Anyone Being Hated For Their Love Of The Canucks?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#31 k_man08

k_man08

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Its just going to be all the more sweeter when we win the series bud , just remember that

No Doubt..
However, when we lose, all the Canucks fans go hiding it seems. I often listen to the radio and or read the comments under Canucks related articles and we are completely being over taken..

Like i said, this has to be getting to even the most professional athletes when they see there is noone really backing them up in the media.

Even during the games I noticed we are especially quiet when the canucks are down 1-2 goals. If you guys saw the nashville game when Preds were down to Detroit in the final few minutes, the fans were up on their seats yelling GO PREDS GO til the final whistle. WE NEED TO DO THAT

-Hardcore Canucka

#32 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Being hated comes with having a winning team.
Dr Phil-Kumbaya types who have sensitive feelings need to cheer for a losing team like the Leafs if they can't handle the territory that comes with having a 2xPresident winning team. (meaningless award if you ask me)

these are the crybaby type threads that are an embarrassment to the rest of the fan base.

laugh in their face or find a new sport and a life.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#33 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

No...there is a lot of love here in the lower mainland for the Canucks. First thing in the morning last Friday in Whistler 3 out 4 people I saw already had their Canucks jerseys on. I come back into the city people throughout the city will have some kind of Canucks paraphaneal on them. The restaurants and our rec room was filled with people gathering around the tv with their jerseys and Canucks caps on watching the game. The next day i attend my nephews birthday party, he has his Canucks sweatshirt and jacket on. I'm waiting for the sky train and the electric sign says "Go Canucks Go". So no...out here there is tons of support for the Canucks. But I did get two texts from friends heckling me..one is from St Louis and one other friend, and neither don't even follow or watch hockey...so they don't count/matter ;) But the media does seem to speak negatively about the Canucks for some reason if not foster some kind of animosity towards them, but the people of Vancouver themselves live and breath Canucks.

Edited by Mauii, 15 April 2012 - 01:13 PM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#34 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,217 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

I live in the Calgary area - what do you think?

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#35 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Not here in the B.C. where we are a majority. However, it must suck for the Canucks diaspora being lonely and discriminated against.
Posted Image

#36 Saved_by_Jesus

Saved_by_Jesus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Right now I find I hate myself because of my love for the Canucks.

It is making my life much more stressful than it needs to be.

#37 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

I live in Vancouver, so not really. I have friends that are fans of rival teams, and don't like the Canucks, so we trash talk, but it's all in good fun.

#38 TACanucks

TACanucks

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

I live in Victoria, Uvic so there are lots of Calgary Fans and they love to bash Vancouver haha

#39 DisplacedBCfan

DisplacedBCfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

I live in toronto. You should see the text messages I get!

Me too. But lol at the Leaf fans though. Pure jealousy if they could swap our players for there players they'd do so in a heartbeat.

#40 BiriBiri

BiriBiri

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

I live in EDMONTON

Enough said.

#41 k_man08

k_man08

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

No...there is a lot of love here in the lower mainland for the Canucks. First thing in the morning last Friday in Whistler 3 out 4 people I saw already had their Canucks jerseys on. I come back into the city people throughout the city will have some kind of Canucks paraphaneal on them. The restaurants and our rec room was filled with people gathering around the tv with their jerseys and Canucks caps on watching the game. The next day i attend my nephews birthday party, he has his Canucks sweatshirt and jacket on. I'm waiting for the sky train and the electric sign says "Go Canucks Go". So no...out here there is tons of support for the Canucks. But I did get two texts from friends heckling me..one is from St Louis and one other friend, and neither don't even follow or watch hockey...so they don't count/matter ;) But the media does seem to speak negatively about the Canucks for some reason if not foster some kind of animosity towards them, but the people of Vancouver themselves live and breath Canucks.

Okay i get that in Vancouver the support is there.. but outside of Vancouver where the rest of the Canucks fans live there isn't that support system.

Hence the reason for this thread and rally everyone.

Also, i understand your point that everyone in Vancouver before and after the game is still saying 'go canucks go' but that still doesn't mean that the fans (all of us) are cheering this when our team is down in our own home ice. I'm gonna refer you to the passion that Preds fans showed against the Wings two days ago. I just didn't see that when i caught the game on TV. maybe they were drowning the noise out but i doubted.

-Hardcore Canucka

#42 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

I live in Toronto so.... :emot-parrot:

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#43 Deamon852

Deamon852

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I live in EDMONTON

Enough said.

I live in Toronto so.... :emot-parrot:

Neither of you even come CLOSE to what its like living in Calgary. Flocks of Calgarians go to bars just to cheer for whatever team is playing Van. Standing ovations every L.A. goal. Douchy dudes trying to fight you or telling you how we don't have a cup the second you even look their way. This city is just FULL of hatred by un knowledgable fans.

#44 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Dude, I live in Chicago but have been a lifelong Canucks fan, and I hear it all the time from Blackhawks fans.

They can say what they want, it will never change my mind!

Go Canucks Go!

Make me proud to wear this jersey!

#45 WristShot

WristShot

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

LOL yeah i get ragged on by Flames and Oilers and Toronto fans here =p

#46 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

I can honestly say that in one case in particular, my friends hatred for the canucks has hindered our friendship. He's a great guy, until you mention the canucks and he becomes ignorant, unreasonable and seems to value "canucks hating" over our friendship.

woah

i have a friend who in chicago and chicago fan, he felt bad that Daniel had a concussion -- we don't let our team affilitation be bigger than our friendship, we try to joke about the play-offs, i mean seriously, i really love our Canucks, but a hometown hockey team is ultimately entertainment so i try to remind myself of that ;-) especially when talking to a bc born friend who loves boston....ergggh...deep breaths ....

Edited by puckluv, 15 April 2012 - 03:08 PM.

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#47 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Constantly hated on for my hardcore devotion to the Canucks.

Could I care less? No.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#48 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

judging by this thread half the canucks fans are from out of town and judging by the attendance of Canuck fans in west coast towns like anaheim and san jose phoenix this club has plenty of love.

They need to play with supreme hatred of their opposition and stop thinking this is sport and not an all out war.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#49 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Only good-natured ribbing once in a while. It's all good. :)

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#50 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Nope. My friends just think I'm a little weird for choosing to stay up until 6am watching them. I keep telling them it's worth it, but as of yet I haven't converted any of them to following the blue and green. Shame really. They don't know what they're missing out on.

#51 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

It's quite common to tell you the truth. The Canucks for some reason are the most hated team and I live in Newmarket Ontario. My friends say the same thing to me; it's kinda like chirping and trash talking about the Canucks and it gets annoying. The only way for it to stop is for the Canucks to win a Stanley Cup. Don't trash talk back to your friends because it's just NHL and there's no point of breaking friendship over people trash talking about you team. Keep supporting your team because I've never let the Canucks down. Let's hope the Canucks can win Game 3. It will be a huge momentum builder for the team and it might lessen the chirping we get in Ontario from friends. My friends are Sharks, Flyers, Penguins, and Red Wing fans.

#52 canucksgyal

canucksgyal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Me too. But lol at the Leaf fans though. Pure jealousy if they could swap our players for there players they'd do so in a heartbeat.

Im from Toronto as well and I can always sense jealously when the canucks play the leafs from my father :P

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.