The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Overreaction

Edler's Broken Stickz

This is not an over reaction, I love luo and what he "HAS" done but as for this year, this is the worst i have seen Luo play. We can only speculate what the problem is, i can only coment on what i have seen, and Cory is now the #1 it is very obvious, he is not hot he is just that good, alot like Quick in LA he is just that good, i feel for Luo as well, but we can't deny this! Cory will continue to play well and Luo will watch!!!

The writing is on the wall. Lou doesn't suck. At all. But CS has shown over and over again that he has what it takes to get the job done. He makes the big saves, exactly when needed. He doesn't have meltdowns of any kind. He's got vision to spare. His positioning is amazing. His rebound control is great. The list goes on.

And it's not like Lou isn't great. He is. But Schneider is better, younger, stronger and most critical, more affordable.

You call that over reaction? I call it common sense.

The Vancouver Sun article "the toothpaste doesn't go back in the tube"

it's worth a read Op

big scary topic "It's Schneiders team now"

kinda spooky to read but enlightening

If I could copy and paste like some of you wizz kids I would..

but I can't so I won't !!

The offseason is going to be tricky business for the Nucks.

How do you let Schneider go when you've clearly indicated that he's giving the Nucks a better chance to win when it matters most?

I'm sorry - I'm a big fan of Lu, but if I were him, I would be reading between the lines here. If we lose Game 5, Lu would've played 2 games, and 0 elimination games. a

For all the people still thinking about trading Luongo and any associated conversations, CapGeek tweeted this today:

This effective matches the initially reported 5 year clause for Roberto, along with the 7 year clause for us (which would likely be the same idea, but with no team restrictions). It appears this actually takes effect the summer before his 5th year starts, so the 7th would do so as well.

I'm a Schneider fan due to his consistency and patience. On the other hand, I think Luongo is a top 10 goaltender in this league.

People need to understand that the fans in Vancouver aren't just dumping Luu like a cheap hooker because he let them down in the first two games of this series, Luongo has gone downhill since his first season with us. What should fans do? You can't expect the fans to always love Luongo when he hasn't performed like he used to and he cracks in big games.

The fact is that right now Schnieder is playing consistent, probably the most useful trait of any goaltender. With Luongo, you could get a shutout or he could let in 7 goals.

I hope that Schneider stays a Canuck, and even if he doesn't play AS strongly every season, as long as he plays consistent, the fans here in Vancouver will love him.

People call Vancouver the goalie graveyard because we chew up all our goaltenders. Why? When was the last time we had a consistent goaltender opposed to a streaky goaltender? Its been a while.

Schneider for starter next season.

I really jumped on Lu's bandwagon when he arrived here and instantly stabilized the position that plagued us since Captain Kirk. Through all the ups but mostly downs, I supported Lu and believed in him.

But we have Schneider, a goalie this organization drafted in the first round. An elite athlete that we truly developed through juniors and in the AHL and now under Luongo, one of the top goalies in the league.

As much as I thought that Schneider's contract should not change people's opinion of Luongo, I also think that our loyalty towards Luongo should not deny what has become more and more undeniable - Schneider can be OUR number one guy.

I think people keep forgetting that Lou kept us in games 1 and 2. We lost those games because of stupid defensive breakdowns and a struggling team in front of him. I also don't remember seeing anywhere that they are going to be playing Schneider next game. Yes, Schneider may have had back to back excellent games. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Lu got the nod for this next game.

With our power play starting to show the kind of precision that it should, and Daniel Sedin back.... We got a tough task ahead of us. If we can see the second line start to click like they were earlier this season? I think we can be hopeful of a comeback. Take it as it comes, and here's hoping that we can make something amazing happen.

Luongo was playing well when the Canucks decided to go with Schneider in game 3; in order to use all of the weapons available to them. I think it made more sense to come back with Schneider in game 4 than to roll the dice on Luongo. Not that it wasn't a hard decision, but it's easier to come back with Cory, than keep making changes in a position that wasn't a problem at that point.

I don't think the fact that Schneider has started a couple of games in this playoffs means that Luongo is on the way out.

I know it is hard to avoid thinking into the future, but can't we just concentrate on the job at hand and deal with all the other stuff in the off season.

I can't believe what's-his-pickle teed up the see-ya-later Luongo article so soon. It's premature and distracting. The Vancouver media are really losing it!

Let the series take place? What would have happened if we'd played Schneider for the first two games? What if he'd kept L.A. to 1 goal per game?

We'll never know. But we sure know how he's played since then, and it kinda makes me wish AV had started him for the first two.

Let the series take place? What would have happened if we'd played Schneider for the first two games? What if he'd kept L.A. to 1 goal per game?

We'll never know. But we sure know how he's played since then, and it kinda makes me wish AV had started him for the first two.

The writing is on the wall. Lou doesn't suck. At all. But CS has shown over and over again that he has what it takes to get the job done. He makes the big saves, exactly when needed. He doesn't have meltdowns of any kind. He's got vision to spare. His positioning is amazing. His rebound control is great. The list goes on.

And it's not like Lou isn't great. He is. But Schneider is better, younger, stronger and most critical, more affordable.

You call that over reaction? I call it common sense.

Archived