The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The "schneider Is Unproven Argument"

Tangelos

Defense did just about all you could ask in last 3 games..offense a different story. Asking Schneider to do more is unrealistic...he was the reason we had a chance to win. His stats were tops in the games he played....To say he did nothing is a slap in his face ! He gave up one goal in each of the 3 games he played until OT. Give your head a shake...he was awesome.

Yea, well he wasn't good enough to win the game....and was outplayed in the game that knocked them out.... So the bottom line is he came up short and all the spin in the world cannot change that fact. You want to anoint him a savior and after eight years a prodigy feel free to do so... He is good...but has alot to prove and hasn't done squat as of yet.

As far a lou goes, that is the Nucks boat anchor to deal with.... Gillis should be fired for offering that kind of a contract... what with the prodigy waiting in the wings..

how does anyone know if luongo started game 3 vs la we would have won he played fine games 1 and 2 and schneider lost to quick its that simple as that he gave up a weak goal in game 5 and thas inexperience luongo proved himself in big games last year against san jose game 5 54 saves in double ot 2 shutouts in the stanley cup final if anyone is to blame its our offense for not scoring goals and schneider is good but not great and i am a luongo lover cuz hes done more for this franchise than schneider has

Wow. Schneider cost us games 3-5? I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that Luongo's GAA and sv% in this years playoffs ranked 18th and 17th respectively against other playoff goalies. Think about that....theres only 16 teams. In comparison, Schneider's GAA was the best among the 32 goalies and his sv% was...wait for it....also the best among the 32 goalies. In short, Schneider was the best goalie of the playoffs up until last night. I'm sure you can come up with reasons why his fantastic stats are all inflated and mean nothing, just like Lu supporters have been doing for the last 2 seasons, but in reality, Schneider is head and shoulders above Luongo and he has proved it.

how does anyone know if luongo started game 3 vs la we would have won he played fine games 1 and 2 and schneider lost to quick its that simple as that he gave up a weak goal in game 5 and thas inexperience luongo proved himself in big games last year against san jose game 5 54 saves in double ot  2 shutouts in the stanley cup final if anyone is to blame its our offense for not scoring goals and schneider is good but not great and i am a luongo lover cuz hes done more for this franchise than schneider has

Well that's the thing I wouldn't have brought this up if I was satisfied with Luongo's performance. I am Unsatisfied and clearly MANY agree with me! Luongo flops like a fish out of water and Schneider is calm, cool and collected. I mean I can't remember the last time Schneider had a bad game. You would think that his plethora of stellar performances would warrant him the opportunity of obtaining the starting position but NOOOOOOO you guys are tooooo scared!! What does Schneider have to do!!! He deserves the chance at being the starter!

Honestly you remind me of one of those guys with the b*tchy girlfriends who stays with her because you're afraid you might not find someone better.

To be fair, Schneider also has been caught cheating and has been beaten numerous times because of that. His puck control skills behind the net is EVEN worse than Luongo's and he loses sight of the puck more often. Kelly Hrudey said this as well and he also mentioned how Schneider tries to stand up-right when going post to post rather than falling forward like A LOT OF OTHER GOALTENDERS to completely cover the ice with their pads. He said it doesn't make Schneider better or worse than those goaltenders but it would be easier for him to stop 2-on-1 one timer high shots compared to Luongo. Probably that's why you're so high on Schneider and you believe Luongo's just flopping around.

Since it sounds like you're arguing Schneider is a proven goalie already, we have two proven goalies according to you. Why is that Luongo's mistakes are always emphasized and Schneider's mistakes are overlooked? Is that because of what Schneider says in front of the camera? Or is it the fact that he's not getting paid a lot?

Hey, Schneider "lover", if you want to argue your point by saying the Luongo "lovers" are hypocritical then you shouldn't be the same with Schneider either.

NO WAY IN HELL is luongo a better puck handler. While it's true Schneider isn't the greatest puck mover, he's still made quite a few good passes form behind the net to the blue line for the forwards. Sometimes he tries to do to much but unlike luongo he actually has the ability to make a pass rather than just leave it behind the net.

How does him standing upright not make him better than goalies who belly flop? If he stops more cross-creasers than those goalies than clearly he's better at making those saves. Btw, I wouldn't take anything kelly hrudy says seriously as he's probably the most anti canuck on cbc.

And yes I like the way Schneider is in front of the camera! He actually takes ownership of his mistakes. I remember that coyotes game when we lost 1-0 and all he could say is how he let the team down by allowing that 1 goal. He never blames the guys in front of him and always takes responsibility for his play. There's just no BS or excuses with Schneids and that deserves a ton of respect. Luongo on the other hand..... well let me just give you an example. When we lost in the 2010 playoffs to Chicago 5-1 in game 6, after the game luongo said (and I'm paraphrasing) at least I only let in 5 goals this time whereas last year I let in 7.

That is why I like Schneider

Archived