The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The "schneider Is Unproven Argument"

Tangelos

Being a backup and a starter is a totally different story. As a starter, you possibly play double number of games that Schneider played. That will take a toll on your focus and body. Also, being a starter means that you are under the spotlight of the media and fans. Vancouver is known as a goalie graveyard because of pressure from fans and media attention. I would not be convinced that Schneider is proven as a No.1 starter until he performs well under the pressure that Luongo has faced over the past five years.

Being a backup and a starter is a totally different story. As a starter, you possibly play double number of games that Schneider played. That will take a toll on your focus and body. Also, being a starter means that you are under the spotlight of the media and fans. Vancouver is known as a goalie graveyard because of pressure from fans and media attention. I would not be convinced that Schneider is proven as a No.1 starter until he performs well under the pressure that Luongo has faced over the past five years.

As good as Luongo may be...I don't believe Canuck management now feel we can get to the promised land with him. I believe that they will go with Schneider. Even if the Canucks don't win the league next year, they are certainly good enough to make the playoffs. They need the pieces to do that. Schneider gave up 4 goals in over 3 games and Lou gave up 7 goals in two. Our chances of a come back in any one game was much better with Cory than Lou. Just maybe Cory is a better playoff goalie !!

No, I mean when fans treat Schneider like Luongo. Like jeering him after giving up 4 goals in a game or something or does he have that mentality to come back after having a bad game is unproven. You remember Schneider gift-wrapped two goals to the Hawks last season too?

If Luongo has trouble playing 55 games, and has trouble if he doesn't play enough games...

I think it's time we moved on from him. Playoffs is a grind. If he can't handle the toll and focus, I'm not sure he's prepared to win a Stanley Cup.

So you are saying Luongo is more consistent than Schneider? Every goalie has bad games, just dont do it too often like Luongo does. Luongo fans don't realize how much of a homer they sound when Luongo makes one good save or one good game and make a big deal out of it. "Where are the Luongo haters now?", did you forget the amount of softies he gave away?

Personally, I want to keep them both. But in terms of trade value, Luongo will only give us another bad contract but Schneider can give us probably a blue-chip prospect or a solid player and a pick. Who would you trade if you need to trade one?

Archived